First Teaching Job!

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by mmonte4, Jul 23, 2006.

1. mmonte4

mmonte4 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hello all. I am happy to tell you that I just landed my first teaching job. I've been hired by Medvance Institute as an adjunct Psychology instructor and will teach 2 days a week. I dont have a masters, but they hired me anyway- apparently they were impressed with the CV (too bad the phd programs were not so impressed last year). Anyway, I feel like this is a step in the right direction and is something new to include in the vita. www.medvance.edu - you can check it out if you want.

Also, I am starting a new research project along with a grad student from my home school. I will be submitting it to APA or ABCT, or even for publication. Anyway, Im doing all I can to get in this year. Wish me luck!

2. 50960

50960 Guest

Congrats, that is very cool!! I hope you enjoy it..

mod

3. butterfli73

butterfli73 Member
    5+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    Congrats!!! I'm so glad to hear things worked out for you. Good luck with the job :luck:

4. Psyclops

Psyclops 1K Member
    5+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    Let us know how that goes, I imagine that it will look good for applications next year. Congrats.

5. mmonte4

mmonte4 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

thanks guys!- i will be sure to let you know how it goes.

does anyone have any suggestions on what to incorporate into the class? Keep in mind it is general psychology. The text book they want me to teach out of is terrible. I would love to hear ideas.