First time taking Canadian DAT.. any study material recommendations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wlshlee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm planning to take Canadian DAT in Feb 2015.
Study materials that I'm planning to use are:
Chem: Kaplan DAT blue book (2007-2008 Ed.)
Bio: CliffsAP Bio
PAT: Crack the DAT

Will the above materials be enough? This is my first time taking the test and I'm unsure if I'm using the right materials haha
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

I took the Canadian DAT in Nov 2014.

For the PAT section, I used both Crack the DAT and DAT bootcamp's material. I felt that Crack the DAT's practice tests for the section were a bit too easy. The PAT tests on DAT bootcamp are much more realistic on what you'll see on the test.

For Gen Chem, I'd highly recommend Chad's videos. The guy is great at teaching everything you need to know for the section and you'll be able to get through the material much faster. Take good notes while you watch his videos and review by doing his quizzes.

For Bio I also used CliffsAP Bio. I would also recommend reading Feralis notes if you have time. Another good resource for biology practice questions is DatQVault.

Another great resource that is highly praised on this forum (but I've never used) is the Dat Destroyer book.

If I had to take the test again I would probably buy the DAT bootcamp subscription, Chad's Videos, DAT destroyer, Cliffs AP Bio, and maybe the DATQVault Biology Questions. Thats probably way more than enough material to get ready for the DAT.