First to Post about the SLU e-mail. Woo hoo!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ADeadLois

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Man, talk about a generic e-mail.

Members don't see this ad.

What SLU email are you talking about?

yeah just got that one too. i'm going to start a collection of med school emails that just want my money. however, i was just telling a doc i shadow about this email and he was saying that it may be that they email these to people who somewhat meet their requirements. i'm wondering what SLU mins are and the same for MSW. my mcat was a 25 (boohoo) so they at least go that low and I have a 3.5 cum gpa and 3.3 bcpm. maybe i will apply there...noo can't get suckered in!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I love how they try to make you feel like they didn't contact you based solely on numbers... they know nothing about the "human qualities I manifest in my personal life..." :rolleyes:

taylormade44 said:
wow, how many times can the word manifest manifest itself into an email

who the hell wrote that? lol

and is that a religous school?

i concur. wholeheartedly.

it's jesuit catholic, same religious tradition as loyola-chicago and georgetown.

Yeah I got the same email! Also got one from the Medical College of Wisconsin. Very random and very generic!

Do med schools really need to advertise like this? Come on, secondary app money can't be that much, can it?

Matth52 said:
Do med schools really need to advertise like this? Come on, secondary app money can't be that much, can it?

I know! Seriously, if you're having to send out these generic e-mails based solely upon numbers...

Ha, I haven't gotten an email from them yet, and they were listed on my
AMCAS (verified July 22).

TCIrish03 said:

Did you release your MCAT scores to outside agencies? Have you heard from MCW, WashU, or the military yet? If you can answer yes to either of those questions but still haven't heard from SLU, I wouldn't be concerned. It was easily the dullest piece of recruitment spam to date. They already are confident in getting their hands on your secondary fee so no sense wasting a few minutes of a secretary's time in sending the email your way. ;)

what's really weird is that the email came to my school address, and I am using another email account for amcas stuff. same thing happened with the military. they must have contacted pre-med advisors or something.

TCIrish03 said:

maybe that's why you didn't get the email. you put them on your list, so they didn't have to email you to convince you to apply. thats my theory at least.

I just got that today, and promptly deleted it.

spospo said:
maybe that's why you didn't get the email. you put them on your list, so they didn't have to email you to convince you to apply. thats my theory at least.

That makes sense, but some schools don't screen out people that way. I just received a packet snail mail from WashU and I've had their secondary turned in for a while now.

modelslashactor said:
what's really weird is that the email came to my school address, and I am using another email account for amcas stuff. same thing happened with the military. they must have contacted pre-med advisors or something.

I noticed that too. Made me a little frusterated to get it.

meanwhile they aren't communicating at all with people on this years waitlist - you know, the people that spent the secondary money and are eagerly awaiting the chance to pay their outrageous tuition...

etf said:
meanwhile they aren't communicating at all with people on this years waitlist - you know, the people that spent the secondary money and are eagerly awaiting the chance to pay their outrageous tuition...

:thumbup: Couldn't have said it better.