first week at queensland....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dickinsonpw

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need some advice…I got accepted into the university of Queensland starting on Jan 23 of 2006. I have been asked to stand up at a wedding on the 28th of January. How detrimental do you think this is to miss the first week of school? Any advice would be greatly appreciated… See you in Jan

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, personally I don't think missing a week of uni would be THAT devastating... however I do have a few friends that are med students at UQ and they were telling me that the best wk of the yr is actually the week BEFORE classes begin - orientation wk. They do some crazy stuff this wk and its pretty much a get-to-know all your fellow med student wk. I wouldn't miss it if I was a student particularly if I didn't know anyone else. They have a few parties and a pub crawl whereby they all dress up in their scrubs and go to a few of the pubs..... you should go to the UQ med society homepage www.uqms.org (you can even see pics of their pub crawl). This wk before really cements the relationships you are going to have in the next 4yrs.... well thats just my 2c.

The pub crawl is during Sports Day in february. but the first week there's a bbq for first years and a welcome keg, not to mention all the academic orientation stuff.