PurposeDriven

10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2004
Collierville, TN
Status
:)

I am preparing to start medical school in the fall of this year. Recently, I have had coworkers to approach me about a wishlist of things that I could use for medical school. I have a partial list but I would appreciate any suggestions that any of you seasoned members may have.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

ShyRem

I need more coffee.
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2004
Where I hang my hat.
Status
Attending Physician
A cappucino machine. It'll save you at LEAST $5/day if you're addicted to Starbucks.

DW

Fix me some sandwiches
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
A stone's throw from Central Park
Status
Medical Student
ShyRem said:
A cappucino machine. It'll save you at LEAST $5/day if you're addicted to Starbucks.
i second that, i spend too much money on liquid crack.

if you don't have one, maybe they can get you a stethoscope, but research it a little and tell them EXACTLY the one you want, especially if they aren't clinically inclined

About the Ads

Pewl

The Dude Abides
10+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2005
Hollywood Star Lanes
Status
Attending Physician
DW said:
i second that, i spend too much money on liquid crack.

if you don't have one, maybe they can get you a stethoscope, but research it a little and tell them EXACTLY the one you want, especially if they aren't clinically inclined
Littmann Cardiology III :thumbup:

Sophie

Lead Foot
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2003
Sacramento, CA
Status
Attending Physician
PurposeDriven: What are some of the other things on your list, if you don't mind me asking?

My birthday was in April, but I asked everyone to hold off on giving me gifts until I knew what I'd need for med school. They're starting to ask me for ideas now, so if there are some easy things that're fine to get ahead of time that'd be great. Otherwise I'll just ask them to hold off until I start in mid-August.

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
A car, especially if you live in the middle of nowhere.

LO281OK

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2004
Status
ShyRem said:
Already got mine!!

I recommend this brand HIGHLY!!

SAECO VIENNA SUPERAUTOMATICA

MikeyLu2010

UT Longhorns Alumni
10+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2005
Houston, TX
Status
Attending Physician
450 bux on pricegrabber ouch ..prolly worth it if you are hardcore..but im not addicted to coffee yet..so i'll wait a little when med school forces me to be addicted

LO281OK

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2004
Status
DrMikeyLu said:
450 bux on pricegrabber ouch ..prolly worth it if you are hardcore..but im not addicted to coffee yet..so i'll wait a little when med school forces me to be addicted
WOW! $450!! I paid like $225 through the Navy Exchange Store (no tax). It was on sale from 3-something... I wouldn't pay that much for it either, but as I have given up my bike for med school I felt better by getting the cycling fans espresso machine. :D

vtucci

Attending in Emergency Medicine
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2003
Houston
Status
Attending Physician
Pewl said:
Littmann Cardiology III :thumbup:
Agreed. This is a great asset and will save you around 100-150. Will you need an otoscope?

RxnMan

Who, me? A doctor?
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2006
Somewhere in time and relative dimensions in space
Status
Medical Student
PurposeDriven said:
Sophie

My list goes something like this..

1. Stethoscope
2. PDA
3. Large Dry Erase board ( personal preferance :oops: )
4. Laptop
I don't need a PDA until MSIII, so I won't get one for MSI, but otherwise, this is my list. I can't tell you how many times I had to write things out for me to understand them while studying.

SoCuteMD

10+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2005
No more rounding!
Status
Attending Physician
Wee Free Woman said:
Bottles of expensive alcohol.

For after-exam celebrations.
Free time.

Oh wait, they don't sell that.

Damn.