First Year Medical Student Wish List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PurposeDriven

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:)

I am preparing to start medical school in the fall of this year. Recently, I have had coworkers to approach me about a wishlist of things that I could use for medical school. I have a partial list but I would appreciate any suggestions that any of you seasoned members may have.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Members don't see this ad.

ShyRem said:
A cappucino machine. It'll save you at LEAST $5/day if you're addicted to Starbucks.
i second that, i spend too much money on liquid crack.

if you don't have one, maybe they can get you a stethoscope, but research it a little and tell them EXACTLY the one you want, especially if they aren't clinically inclined

Members don't see this ad :)
DW said:
i second that, i spend too much money on liquid crack.

if you don't have one, maybe they can get you a stethoscope, but research it a little and tell them EXACTLY the one you want, especially if they aren't clinically inclined

Littmann Cardiology III :thumbup:

PurposeDriven: What are some of the other things on your list, if you don't mind me asking?

My birthday was in April, but I asked everyone to hold off on giving me gifts until I knew what I'd need for med school. They're starting to ask me for ideas now, so if there are some easy things that're fine to get ahead of time that'd be great. Otherwise I'll just ask them to hold off until I start in mid-August.

ShyRem said:
A cappucino machine. It'll save you at LEAST $5/day if you're addicted to Starbucks.

Already got mine!!

I recommend this brand HIGHLY!!

saecovienna.jpg

SAECO VIENNA SUPERAUTOMATICA

450 bux on pricegrabber ouch ..prolly worth it if you are hardcore..but im not addicted to coffee yet..so i'll wait a little when med school forces me to be addicted

DrMikeyLu said:
450 bux on pricegrabber ouch ..prolly worth it if you are hardcore..but im not addicted to coffee yet..so i'll wait a little when med school forces me to be addicted

WOW! $450!! I paid like $225 through the Navy Exchange Store (no tax). It was on sale from 3-something... I wouldn't pay that much for it either, but as I have given up my bike for med school I felt better by getting the cycling fans espresso machine. :D

Pewl said:
Littmann Cardiology III :thumbup:

Agreed. This is a great asset and will save you around 100-150. Will you need an otoscope?

Sophie

My list goes something like this..

1. Stethoscope
2. PDA
3. Large Dry Erase board ( personal preferance :oops: )
4. Laptop

PurposeDriven said:
Sophie

My list goes something like this..

1. Stethoscope
2. PDA
3. Large Dry Erase board ( personal preferance :oops: )
4. Laptop
I don't need a PDA until MSIII, so I won't get one for MSI, but otherwise, this is my list. I can't tell you how many times I had to write things out for me to understand them while studying.

Bottles of expensive alcohol.

For after-exam celebrations.

Wee Free Woman said:
Bottles of expensive alcohol.

For after-exam celebrations.

Free time.

Oh wait, they don't sell that.

Damn.