First Year Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TMarkus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I lost track of the other threads, so sorry for the redundancy.
I am wondering how many of you did first year elective rotations?
What kinds of rotations did you do? What did you get to do during those rotations? And, any other bits of information that may be helpful regarding a first year elective rotation.

-Troy

Members don't see this ad.

Is this possible? The closest any of us got to a first year rotation (assuming you mean MS I) is a week-long Early Clinical Experience.

I mean the summer between your MS 1 and MS 2 years. I am of the understanding that it may be possible to do some sort of elective rotations. I don't know if it is credited toward the clerkship, but I recall hearing about students that participated in programs where this happened. One that comes to mind did a Rural "clerkship" for the entire summer in Forks (a very small coastal town in Wa. state) Anyway, its possible, I just need to know who has done them and what they know.

Tomorrow I start a 2 week ER rotation.

It took a ton of phone calls on my part.

My school gives credit for 2,4,6 or 8 week rotations. I called this hospital's (which is a site for 3rd & 4th years for my school's students) medical education department. They made it an annoying habit of never returning any of my phone calls, so I just made it my habit to call them whenever I had a question about paperwork or scheduling or whether the rotation was approved, etc.

I will post on UHS c/o 2006 thread with my experiences. Truthfully, I'm scared, kind of. I'm glad I'm only doing it for 2 weeks. I'm doing it b/c I want to get an idea of what ER is like.

My gripe thus far is that it was a learning experience for me just setting the thing up. The office at school that handles this was very limited in their ability to help me. (ie, didn't return phone calls, etc.)

Good luck!
M.