1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Fishing for opinions

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by can't get no SDN love, Feb 12, 2002.

1. can't get no SDN love

7+ Year Member

I'm sorry for lifting this from another thread, but I'm desperate for someone to address the issue...

In a recent interview, I had a student interviewer, who sits on the adcom. She was super intelligent and we had v. similar experiences/interests. In the beginning of the interview I thought I had her, she was very enthusiastic and seemed interested, but by the middle of the 1.25 hours, she appeared less positive. To top it off, I sent her a thank-you note (not a generic one, but something I really thought about) via e-mail, and all she sent back was (effectively), "yeah, good luck with everything."

Is this is a bad sign? I know the only way to tell will be to wait till their damn non-rolling decision is made, but I can't stop obsessing. It is by far my first choice school... Argh... Also, is there anything to do at this point to rectify a possibly bad interview?

Sorry for venting and repeating posts (please don't troll me)...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. racergirl

racergirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't think it means anything. The school is non-rolling, so she can't say anything! I really think that's all there is to it. Try not to worry, and good luck!

4. tBw

tBw totally deluded
    7+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by no_dignity_left:
    <strong> and all she sent back was (effectively), "yeah, good luck with everything."

</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">what exactly did you expect her to say? Given that she is unlikely to be able to let you know your status, let alone email you an offer, what she said is pretty much all she could say. I think you should be flattered she bothered to take the time to reply at all. Not trying to be mean - just saying...chill

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

If you read the thread on interviews, you'll see that people have gotten in after what they thought were "bad" interviews, and been rejected after good. Try not to worry. Unless you really flubbed the interview, the decision is not likely to rest on her and her alone. Plus, you may have been misreading her. Maybe she thought better of her initial enthusiastic attitude and opted for a more "professional" demeanor. I had a faculty interviewer like that. One minute all chatty and relaxed, and the next ramrod straight and stiff as a board (also a non-rolling interview). Best of luck!! :)