Fishing hook of a hep C patient, pricked me! Am I infected?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dexoey

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend has hep C since 5 years ago. She cares about her disease and so far none of her families are infected . But recently we have met and I´m still paranoid.
For example, if a sharp tool (like knife) pricks her (e.g. during cooking), and no blood comes out, she considers it as safe and doesnt use antiseptic. Even though, theoretically this action is very dangerous, but as I said, none of her family have been infected so far.

We went to fishing together. She put a worm on the fishing hook, and I saw that hook pricked her (no blood came out out). Later, I got that rod, and tried to put worm on the same hook, and it pricked me as well (no blood came out). Apparently both pricks were shallow. She also, didnt care (I´m assuming she didnt take it seriously). Also, I assume this situation has happened before when she went to fishing with her other friends.

HOWEVER, I am very paranoid and have already assumed that now I am infected with Hep C virus. Am I right or is it just paranoia? REALITCALLY spoken (not theoretically), was there high chance for hep c transmission?

Also, please tell me in such situations, what is the best thing to do in order to reduce chance of infection? Definitely not cutting the finger!

Members don't see this ad.

My girlfriend has hep C since 5 years ago. She cares about her disease and so far none of her families are infected . But recently we have met and I´m still paranoid.
For example, if a sharp tool (like knife) pricks her (e.g. during cooking), and no blood comes out, she considers it as safe and doesnt use antiseptic. Even though, theoretically this action is very dangerous, but as I said, none of her family have been infected so far.

We went to fishing together. She put a worm on the fishing hook, and I saw that hook pricked her (no blood came out out). Later, I got that rod, and tried to put worm on the same hook, and it pricked me as well (no blood came out). Apparently both pricks were shallow. She also, didnt care (I´m assuming she didnt take it seriously). Also, I assume this situation has happened before when she went to fishing with her other friends.

HOWEVER, I am very paranoid and have already assumed that now I am infected with Hep C virus. Am I right or is it just paranoia? REALITCALLY spoken (not theoretically), was there high chance for hep c transmission?

Also, please tell me in such situations, what is the best thing to do in order to reduce chance of infection? Definitely not cutting the finger!

REALISTICALLY speaking, you should see your doctor.

Reactions: 2 users
Last week I made a test (before it, I had couple of situations that considered dangerous), and result was negative. This incident happened 2 days ago_Of course, I am planning to take test every six month, but I just asked this question because I have become paranoia and all times think about it. Still, replies are welcomed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Last week I made a test (before it, I had couple of situations that considered dangerous), and result was negative. This incident happened 2 days ago_Of course, I am planning to take test every six month, but I just asked this question because I have become paranoia and all times think about it. Still, replies are welcomed!

SDN is not for medical advice.

Why not go talk to a doctor instead of over sharing your personal story on the internet?

She must be a real babe for you to live with all that self inflicted anxiety

Reactions: 1 users
You are probably fine, so calm down and speak to your doctor.

Why not go talk to a doctor instead of over sharing your personal story on the internet?

cuz we're med students with tons of compassion and empathy. we love medicine. medicine is life I <3 medicine

You know that it can be sexually transmitted?

Reactions: 1 users
Dump that *****. Your liver will thank you later, when it's still working.

I agree with the sentiment here. Kids, life altering diseases, a penis... all deal breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.