Fit Rep question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Creflo

time to eat
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My fit rep got dropped from an EP last year to P this year, the first year I am in zone. My numerical score didn't change. I am separating this summer and my command is aware of this. My department head says don't sweat it because I'm getting out, and sort of inferred that the drop may be because I'm getting out. Is this true, usual?

Members don't see this ad.

There is a lot that goes into rankings. Your numerical value is less important than the deviation from the reporting senior mean. Some people give higher numbers on average. For instance, a fitrep from a new CO of mine had me at a lower trait average, but a larger deviation from the mean indicating a better fitrep. Other things that go into rankings are people's plans. If you are directly competing with several others and planning to get out whereas the others are staying in, it is entirely the prerogative of the CO to give the better fit reps to those staying in to aid in their career advancement; something you no longer need.

Reactions: 1 user
You're getting out and your worried about your FitRep? An EP to P is a huge red flag for those staying in, but it doesn't matter one bit if you're getting out. They're like the points on Who's Line for you at point.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure why this is even a concern when you are getting out. My question regarding my OER was whether I should even bother with jumping through the hoops of filling out the form for my last one the year I was getting out.

If you're going into the reserves, that's the only reason to care and even then, they know what this is. Why waste an EP in today's promotion environment on a quitter?

Not sure why this is even a concern when you are getting out. My question regarding my OER was whether I should even bother with jumping through the hoops of filling out the form for my last one the year I was getting out.

I wrote my own:
"Set the standard by which all future command check outs will be measured" etc

Reactions: 2 users
I wrote my own:
"Set the standard by which all future command check outs will be measured" etc

I now regret that I have already gotten out and didn't have the opportunity to pull that one. I feel like I missed a huge opportunity.