FIU DPT class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CortneyDPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I wanted to make a page for the students accepted into the FIU DPT program starting fall of 2014! Any one else out there planning to start at FIU this year? I want to make a Facebook page :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congrats! I was accepted as well but I am waiting to see how my interview with MGH on the 25th goes, then I'll have to further compare the programs and quickly decide! I also applied to Simmons College but.... we'll see.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How much is tuition and fees at FIU per year now?
The whole program is 77 thousand.

Congrats! I was accepted as well but I am waiting to see how my interview with MGH on the 25th goes, then I'll have to further compare the programs and quickly decide! I also applied to Simmons College but.... we'll see.
Thank you! Congratulations to you as well. I am only interested in one other program but I won't hear for a while. I think I will end up at FIU. Its a great program and I am excited about it. :)

Courtney, is that in state tuition? If so, what's out of state?

I applied to 15 schools and got into 5. But cancelled 9 interviews to accept at Nova Southeastern.

Florida is where I wanna be so I just said lets go for it! The cost will suck later but I just can't see myself going to school in the middle of nowhere for 3 years to save money. No way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Novas a good school too! I got in but I had a living opportunity at FIU.
Hi Cortney! I'm starting FIU DPT in the fall as well =) I think a FB page is a great idea.

Congrats! I got accepted early decision back in September as well!!! Can't wait to start the programs already

Congrats to you! I know, me either. Seems so long from now.

If anyone who is starting wants to go ahead and make the FaceBook page, go for it! I am a little lost as to how to make a page right now.

Still have not heard anything about FIU. What were your GPA/GRE scores if you got accepted?

Still have not heard anything about FIU. What were your GPA/GRE scores if you got accepted?

Really? You should email the department receptionist to find out why. I didn't hear anything from them till they sent the interview email, so that may be why. My stats were: GPA: 3.7 pGPA: 3.4 GRE: 303 (150 V 153 Q) 4.5 AW

I hope you hear something soon!

Did anyone make a facebook group? I was accepted back in December as well!

PGPA: 3.7
CumGPA: 3.4
GRE: V:156 Q: 150 AW: 4.0
Observation hours: 120 Doctors hospital, Jackson Memorial

Did anyone make a facebook group? I was accepted back in December as well!

That's awesome! No, I haven't made it yet. It prompts you to add friends to it but I don't have anyone who has been accepted as a friend yet!

So yeah, I applied to FIU a while ago and still haven't heard anything.. is anyone in the same boat as I am?

Austin,
I am in the same boat..I sent my application a couple days before the due date and still haven't heard anything back..I was looking through their website and it says there is another interview process on March 1st? Not sure if that really is the case but I am staying hopeful! Guess that's all we can do in such a competitive field!

I think they're still reviewing until march, but You guys should call and see if you can get a status update on your applications anyways. Good luck!

I applied in early November and have also not heard anything. I also left a voicemail with admissions inquiring for a status but never received a returned call. I wonder how many spots are open this late in the game. Any ideas?

I had my interview this morning along with about 35 other applicants. It was 15 min with Dr. Brunt. 15 min with a current student & another 15 min with a panel followed by a tour. Out of all 3, Dr. Brunt's interview felt the most pressured. He just seemed a little overwhelmed by all the interviewing.

I had my interview this morning along with about 35 other applicants. It was 15 min with Dr. Brunt. 15 min with a current student & another 15 min with a panel followed by a tour. Out of all 3, Dr. Brunt's interview felt the most pressured. He just seemed a little overwhelmed by all the interviewing.
Congrats on the interview! Really? Dr.Brunt was so relaxed during my interview. But maybe because you had a large group interviewing. Are you looking into going anywhere else?

I applied in early November and have also not heard anything. I also left a voicemail with admissions inquiring for a status but never received a returned call. I wonder how many spots are open this late in the game. Any ideas?
I heard stories of last years class hearing kind of late. I would call till you can talk to someone who can give you an estimate.

FIU is my top choice

FIU is my top choice
I hope you get it! You'll hear within the week I believe.Although I was the only interview on my date so im not sure with 35 applicants. Do you feel confident about it?

Congrats on the interview! Really? Dr.Brunt was so relaxed during my interview. But maybe because you had a large group interviewing. Are you looking into going anywhere else?

I heard stories of last years class hearing kind of late. I would call till you can talk to someone who can give you an estimate.

You're probably right. I will give it another try tomorrow. I also don't want to be that obnoxious student, ya know. Keep you all posted if I'm provided with any insight.

finally heard back from FIU after messaging them over a week ago. They lady told me that I won't be hearing anything from them until the second week of march. She also told me: PS we still haven't received your Analytical score. I'm a little upset by this because I checked online and I totally sent it to them when I first took it last september. Kind of over FIU. They are a mess.

finally heard back from FIU after messaging them over a week ago. They lady told me that I won't be hearing anything from them until the second week of march. She also told me: PS we still haven't received your Analytical score. I'm a little upset by this because I checked online and I totally sent it to them when I first took it last september. Kind of over FIU. They are a mess.
Isn't the last interview date March 1st? I haven't heard anything from them neither. I wonder if anyone has gotten an interview invite or if they already filled their DPT class for the Fall...

I'm not surprised they took a bit to get back to you because last week was quite a few interviews so I bet they were busy. Yeah I definitely would be frustrated too. I think if you sent your GRE scores before the AW writing, it doesn't send that portion.

Isn't the last interview date March 1st? I haven't heard anything from them neither. I wonder if anyone has gotten an interview invite or if they already filled their DPT class for the Fall...

I was one of the ones who still hadn't heard a single thing from FIU after having sent my application to them back in September. Finally heard back from them today via email for an interview on March 1st that I declined as I have already been accepted to my top choice, hopefully this opens up an interview spot for someone else! My guess is they have a few spots left that they are still trying to fill.

Best of luck to everyone and congrats to those who have been accepted!

Got an email today saying that I have an interview March 1st. Still deciding if I want to go. What made you guys (Those who are attending) decide to go there? I've also been accepted to Nova and have planned on going there. I have to decided if I want to interview by friday. Let me know any info!

Got an email today saying that I have an interview March 1st. Still deciding if I want to go. What made you guys (Those who are attending) decide to go there? I've also been accepted to Nova and have planned on going there. I have to decided if I want to interview by friday. Let me know any info!
I wasn't sold on FIU till I got there. That's why, if possible, I think everyone should try and go to all the interviews they can so they can get a glimpse of what the program is like in person. The program works closely with the nurse practitioner, nurse anesthesiologist, and the med students which I appreciated because We will be working closely with other health professionals in the future and I think it's important to get a small glimpse of their perspective as students and what they go through. Dr.Brunt is changing the program and I think he's really improving it. They have added a lot of new technology for research later on in the program. They have a lot of clinical rotation sites and internship opportunities, which is where I feel like you do most is your learning. Also the program isn't overwhelming to begin with like some others. The only negative thing I've heard is that because they combined med school and PT school anatomy, they had to readjust the PTs schedule, which threw some students off. But they only do that in one semester. I think you should go so you can make your own opinion. Either way, you are going to be a PT in 3 years! :soexcited: