FIU vs UCF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

medapplicant01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It sounds like you're in favor of UCF and more comfortable with the idea of that school. I didn't apply to or interview at FIU, so I'm not that informed about them, but I was extremely impressed by UCF. They seem like they're really heading in the right direction; the students seem very happy, the admin seems very enthusiastic about making UCF the best med school possible, and the facilities are amazing. Celebration Hospital is also awesome. The lower cost is definitely a plus, as well. Go where you're most comfortable going.

I agree with Cinclus. You sound like you're more sold on UCF. Plus 8k isn't really a small difference...

Re: Celebration though. Didn't second/third year students say they barely saw it if at all?

Last edited:
I don't think you'll have to worry about TCMC-like issues with either of these schools, they're both linked with a massive public university.

Personally, I'd pick UCF in this case, they were by far the most ambitious new school I interviewed at. Also, I thought UCF's daily schedule was more palatable (8-12 / 1-5 , as opposed to 8-5)

Status
Not open for further replies.