Five Minute Warning Cheat on Real MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

0938h4gt983

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the AAMC practices, when the icon pops up for 45 and 5 minute warnings, the screen behind can be read without the clock running down until you click ok... This can't be the same on the real MCAT. How did they change it so you cannot cheat?

Members don't see this ad.

That is actually a weird illusion. Time keeps ticking even though you don't see it. So if you get the warning and don't close it for one minute, the timer will show you 5 minutes remaining. But you are in for a surprise when the time is up but your clock mysteriously reads 1 minute. The timer stops, the the real timing system keeps going.

On the AAMC practices, when the icon pops up for 45 and 5 minute warnings, the screen behind can be read without the clock running down until you click ok... This can't be the same on the real MCAT. How did they change it so you cannot cheat?

You're right, this is different on the real MCAT. Basically, the warning still pops up, but whether or not you click to make it go away, the timer is still running.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interesting question - did anyone try to hack the MCAT before?

I would say the odds are very low that the test could be hacked because it has to be taken as it is delivered, meaning there is no time between when the information is received and it is being used to do anything with it. My guess is that they are on their own private network, as in not on the public internet, and every one of those computers is verified with hardware, like with a dongle or something. If it was ever hacked, it'd be by a disgruntled employee or someone else on the inside.

Its the mcat they are not going to let some measly glitch on AAMC practice test resemble the real thing lol. That would be awesome though.

ISn't the 45 minute warning on VR annoying? Its only 15 minutes into the section. There should be a warning at the 30 minute mark.