Fixing error made in previous amcas application

reckoner_01

Aug 23, 2015
  1. Pre-Medical
    I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. As a re-applicant I recognized a careless mistake I made in the activities section in my previous application. I recorded the hours as a lot fewer than they should have been. I corrected this mistake in my second application as a re-applicant and submitted my application. Does anyone think that this previous mistake could warrant an investigation from AMCAS? It was a structured enrichment program so a reputable source can verify that the number I used the second time is correct.

jwilliams1993

OMS-II
    2+ Year Member
    Jun 3, 2014
    1. Medical Student
      I think the worst thing that'll happen is an adcom will ask you "You had quite an increase in hours, can you explain that?" Don't let it stress you out. I think committees understand that not all activities have a perfectly accurate number of hours anyways.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.