Altius FL 9 B/B Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I'm ugly and I'm proud

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
NIsrNcA.png

Could someone explain why the empirical formula for uracil is C2H2N2O2? I picked C because C2H2NO wasn't an answer choice.

1c6hk7j.png

What was the point of multiplying 0.026 by 8? The question asked for the moles of citric acid (0.026), but I don't get why they multiplied the answer by the moles of hydrogen.

Are these questions typos? I've encountered at least one typo/misprint on every altius FL I've taken so far so I'm honestly not surprised, but I'd like to know if these answers make sense to anyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Could someone explain why the empirical formula for uracil is C2H2N2O2? I picked C because C2H2NO wasn't an answer choice.

Because the answer choices are wrong.

What was the point of multiplying 0.026 by 8? The question asked for the moles of citric acid (0.026), but I don't get why they multiplied the answer by the moles of hydrogen.

Because the question is wrong. They're implying some stoichiometry between "hydrogen" and citric acid of 8:1 which means that they probably meant if 5 g of citric acid are formed, how much "hydrogen" is also formed? So if there's 0.026 mol of citric acid and hydrogen and citric acid are formed in an 8:1 ratio, then you multiply by eight. But again, this is not in the problem.

Reactions: 1 user