FL MPJE question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmgal83

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I understand that pharmacists are allowed to prescribe certain drugs in the state of g Florida such as oral analagesics, topical anti infectives and so on. My question is for MPJE purposes should we go with Federal or Florida law. I think Federal law says pharmacists can't prescribe anything (which would be more strict) or do you go with Florida and look for the stuff we can prescribe.

Any help would be nice in this confusing matter.

Members don't see this ad.

You would go with the florida law on this matter as far as I know, but don't worry, if there's a question on this it will be worded in an unanswerable way where this information that I'm giving you will be useless.

Federal law leaves prescriptive authority to the states (unless something has changed in the last 12 months), which is why there are pharmacists at VA hospitals with unrestricted prescribing power within their scope. Therefore, you would go with Florida law. I took the MPJE today and had two questions regarding what pharmacists can and/or cannot write orders for.

Yeah, I would have to agree with the others, go with FL law on this one...

Hey, since I cannot post a new thread for some reason, can anyone who took FL MPJE give us pointers....pleeeeaaase? I'm taking it next week:scared:
Maybe you remember some questions...? I am sure everyone will appreciate it. For eg., did you memorize Orange Book codes for therapeutic eval (like, BN, BE, BP, etc)? Did they ask about how much of what is in which class (how much codeine, hydrocodone...)? I am having trouble memorizing numbers... Also, pertaining to FDCA & Amendments, did you memorize the names of the amendments, or just a general idea of what they are about? Also, does anyone know, if it's true, that CII Rx does not expire (since you have to fall back on fed. law)???? Because Morris-Cody review says it expires in 60 days...

Heeelp!

Members don't see this ad :)
I took it Saturday and it definitely sucked. As far as questions memorized I had a few on misbranded vs adulterated that were relatively straightforward so make sure you put your time in memorizing that. The BX codes you mention didn't come up. I got like 1 question on codeine quantity and what class, but the majoity of the questions just defy logic. I found myself looking at them saying "if I had the statutes in front of me, an internet connection and 2 hours I wouldn't be able to answer this confidently." A couple topics that were notable also include Automated systems and Emergency kits. I think these are probably "test" questions but maybe not. I think I suppressed the memory because I cant think of anything else right now but I will post it if I do.

Yeah, I would have to agree with the others, go with FL law on this one...

Hey, since I cannot post a new thread for some reason, can anyone who took FL MPJE give us pointers....pleeeeaaase? I'm taking it next week:scared:
Maybe you remember some questions...? I am sure everyone will appreciate it. For eg., did you memorize Orange Book codes for therapeutic eval (like, BN, BE, BP, etc)? Did they ask about how much of what is in which class (how much codeine, hydrocodone...)? I am having trouble memorizing numbers... Also, pertaining to FDCA & Amendments, did you memorize the names of the amendments, or just a general idea of what they are about? Also, does anyone know, if it's true, that CII Rx does not expire (since you have to fall back on fed. law)???? Because Morris-Cody review says it expires in 60 days...

Heeelp!

I did not memorize and was not asked about Orange Book codes.

They did ask me to categorize which control category a drug would fall under. That's easy because anything divisible by 3 falls under CIII and anything divisible by 5 falls under CV. (That is one of the many useful tips that the book I recommended below has within it.)

I did memorize names of amendents and had a general idea of what came about from each one, but not the year that they came into play. I was not, however, asked about any of the amendments on the FL MPJE.

If I understand correctly, a CII prescription is legit (in FL) for 1 year because neither the state or federal law specifies an earlier expiration date for them. CIII-CV prescriptions are good for only 6 months.

Once again, I highly recommend purchasing and studying the Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law book written by Reiss and Hall.

I bought the Reiss and Hall book and read through it twice. UF also bought us the notes from rxlaw.org. They are copyrighted, so don't ask me for a copy.

The questions on the MPJE are situational, so you need to know how to apply the law. I took it on the 3rd of this month and passed.

Well, just took MPJE, what can I say...it sucks big time!
It seems like I studied totally wrong stuff...(Kaplan review, Federal lawbook, Morris Cody, ProntoPass cards+statutes). Most questions I had absolutely no clue what the answer is...anyone is getting licensed by endorsement, how long did it take you to get results? (I don't have an intern license, so I cannot, I assume, look it up online, since my name does not even come up).
I guess I just have to wait, but the thought of enduring the test for a second time makes me totally sick:scared::mad:

If you studied all those things than your fine. Judging by my performance I think you need to get 1 question right to pass. Now if the Fl board can just grade my NAPLEX I'll be good. I'm assuming they lost it since they somehow managed to grade my MPJE and mail the score out even though I took the NAPLEX a week earlier.

This is sooo stupid! I called NABP and they have my results, but they do not give it out...they submitted it to BOP yesterday...I called BOP and they said it might take 30 days to get my results via mail...ridiculous! Just beaurocracy in it's prime! Or maybe I just did not pass and that's why I wasn't licensed yet:(

I took the mpje friday and still have heard nothing. I keep checking my intern license to see if it says null and void but nothing yet. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
is there a way to find the result before you get it in the mail? when you didn't take law yet?

Hey, I guess I have the same question as NadaRx. Did you find out from your license update or did you get something in the mail? I took my MPJE on Saturday but haven't taken my NAPLEX yet, so I was wondering how long they are taking to send results out through the mail. It's killing me waiting for it and trying to focus on studying for the NAPLEX.

They're so slow, they should just post scores online like most states!!

I don't know how you can check if you haven't taken NAPLEX yet.
I am transferring my license from another state, so I just needed MPJE. I checked on their website where you search for licensed professionals and it showed me as a licensed RPh...I haven't gotten my scores yet via mail, I probably got exactly 75, LOL:D

Does anyone know if you need to send in your Flrodia intern license before the Board can null and void it and issue a pharmacist license? I still have no result and I am wondering if I can't get a license because they do not have my intern license?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats Celirph!! I'm happy for u. I am still waiting for my scores via the slow mail.

Airtime...since it seems you took your exam the day before I took mine...I have no idea what's going on with the people at the BOP. I called them today to find out, and the lady that sends the scores out had the day off or wasn't there. NABP sent scores out to the BOP of monday if anyone took the exam on Friday or Saturday last week from what they told me. The board is just slow for some reason or the other. As for you another question, NO, I don't believe you have to send in your intern license from what I heard from my friends who are al ready licensed...they just update your license to Pharmacist and your intern license becomes null and void. Sorry you have to wait this long as well.

I have taken both the naplex and mpje, but since the florida bop site doesn't have me license, I think its safe to say I need to retake the exam

It can take up to a week to receive your score results by mail. It was another couple of days before my license appeared on the Florida BOP website. My intern license was still active at the same time. They don't have to make it null and void first.

I have taken both the naplex and mpje, but since the florida bop site doesn't have me license, I think its safe to say I need to retake the exam

Not necessarily...did you call the board and ask them if they have all your other stuff, like your intern hours and a copy of your SSN and what not...'cause they might have lost it or something and did not let you know... Good luck and don't get discouraged either way, I thought MPJE in FL was the hardest exam ever, and did not really adequately test my knowledge...

Hello everyone, I just got my letter, passed the MPJE. Out of curiosity, the Board still doesnt have me as a pharmacist. Did anyone get their license today on the BOP website for Florida.

Thanks

Does anyone know where they address day supply limits for controlled substances in the Florida laws and regs? Is it true that they are in the process of changing or have changed the day supply limit for schedule II's?

if you open a bottle of zocor 20mg but you find it to be zocor 40mg is this missbranding or adulterated?
thanks

i took naplex and passed, took mpge but no results yet, but when i check my intern lisence, it says null and void, does that mean i passed?

I took the Naplex the las 07/26 in Florida. I didn't recive my score today on 08/3. Today, I called the Florida board and they said that they didn't recived my score from NABP yet. Worried I called the NABP at they said that that sent on 07/27 the day after when I took the test. All my friends recived the score in a week. The main problem is that I can't concentrate and study for my MPJE. Somebody said that maybe I failed my test and for the people that failed the test they took more few day to send the score with the new applicacion. Please if somebody has the same experience share with us. Thanks

i still didn't get my mpje scores (took it on the 25th) but i found my licence up on the 31st of july... yey!!!