1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

FL people what do you want changed??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by dreams, May 15, 2008.

1. dreams

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    I am going to be meeting with the head of The Center For Global Health and Medical Diplomacy(http://www.unf.edu/brooks/center/index.html) which is a Center through the college of health at the University of North Florida established to raise awareness of various health issues and to create committees which will make plans for change and improvement of healthcare throughout the FL area (to sum it up:) I am hoping to be able to share ideas that sdn members find important and either in need of changing or creating in healthcare in FL. The center deals with all types of healthcare issues from educational improvements to infrastructure development. So if anyone would like to voice an opinion of what needs to be done that would be of great help!! My goal is to present the head of this organization with a list of items that future and current doctors are interested in, and since this is the sdn I was hoping that you guys would offer great insight especially in the areas of educational improvements ( more funding for med schools, etc) Thanks to everyone who gives their opinion and I look forward to passing them on.

Also this thread will only be up for a few days and then it will be moved to other forums so that I get get as many opinions as possible, THANKS again!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dreams

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
  4. MrBurns10

MrBurns10 Excellent, Smithers
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm sure they know this already, but they absolutely need to lower malpractice insurance rates already. It's ridiculous how much more it is in Florida compared to other states, and I hope a change happens before people stop practicing in Florida altogether (which has already happened to a certain degree).

5. dreams

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    thanks so much for the input I will be putting this in the med school forum too so hopefully I will get more response there as well, it hasnt done so well here, but I will make sure to passon your thoughts and tell others to leave comments too!!!