MD & DO Fl resident 3.75cgpa 3.65sgpa 26(8PS,8VR,10BS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexis121711

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am a Florida resident attending FSU graduating in summer 3.75cgpa 3.65sgpa 26(8PS,8VR,10BS) Hispanic (Cuban so not URM) speak Spanish fluently
double major (Bio + Psych)
research for 4 semesters (social psychology)
~300 non clinical volunteer hrs
good LOR
just started volunteering at a hospice
will have LOR from DO for this app cycle
Phi Beta Kappa
Treasurer of Bio Honor Society Member of Premed club

1) Should I apply DO early this cycle and forget retaking the MCAT? If so can you suggest schools to apply to?
2) Should I take another year off retake MCAT and volunteer/ shadow more?
3) Should I apply DO retake MCAT next spring after I have hopefully been accepted DO and then decide if I want to reapply depending on my new MCAT?

Any advice is appreciated as I have been thinking about it for a while but am still undecided and the application time is quickly approaching. I do not know what specialty I will pursue so I think MD will allow me more options but the goal is to be a physician so I will take whatever gets me there I guess. I rushed to take the MCAT in Jan because the test was changing but I don't know if I will be able to improve significantly on the new one. Although, my psych background might help.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Apply DO now. You're competitive for all schools except AZCOM. I can't recommend LUCOM.
You might have a shot at FSU as well. A 26 is lethal for all other MD schools.

1) Should I apply DO early this cycle and forget retaking the MCAT? If so can you suggest schools to apply to?
2) Should I take another year off retake MCAT and volunteer/ shadow more?
3) Should I apply DO retake MCAT next spring after I have hopefully been accepted DO and then decide if I want to reapply depending on my new MCAT?

Any advice is appreciated as I have been thinking about it for a while but am still undecided and the application time is quickly approaching. I do not know what specialty I will pursue so I think MD will allow me more options but the goal is to be a physician so I will take whatever gets me there I guess. I rushed to take the MCAT in Jan because the test was changing but I don't know if I will be able to improve significantly on the new one. Although, my psych background might help.[/QUOTE]

Thank you guys! I have been trying to formulate a list and I would appreciate any feedback.

DO
ATSU-KCOM
ATSU-SOMA
DMU
PCOM-PA
PCOM-GA
KCUMB
OUHCOM
COMP-NW
TUNCOM
LECOM-Bradenton
LECOM-PA