FL resident 3.84 cgpa / 3.79 sgpa 502 to 506 mcat MD/DO chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhg1232

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1st mcat 502: CP = 128 , CARS = 122 , BB = 126 , PSY = 126
1nd mcat 506: CP = 128 , CARS = 124 , BB = 128 , PSY = 126
3.84 cgpa, 3.79 sgpa (DO sgpa is higher, over 3.8)
(im obviously worried about the 124 cars which is in the 49% and do not want to retake for a third time if i dont have to)
I am white and have all the usual EC's shadowing and clinical volunteering with patient experience as well as non clinical volunteering, clubs, etc. I also just graduated so I will have a year of no school in which I will be doing research as well as working as an ER scribe during the year before my anticipated matriculation.

I am obviously going to apply to all in state FL MD and DO schools but in regards to OOS schools, should i focus my time and money on DO schools? Any insight is appreciated.

Would especially love your opinion @Goro

(Please dont quote this)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The GPA-MCAT grid shows you have a 60% chance for a MD acceptance with your stats so you could add a few OOS private MD schools such as:
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
GW
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Creighton
Rosalind Franklin
You are competitive for all DO schools so add another 6 or more that appeal to you.

Reactions: 1 user
The GPA-MCAT grid shows you have a 60% chance for a MD acceptance with your stats so you could add a few OOS private MD schools such as:
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
GW
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Creighton
Rosalind Franklin
You are competitive for all DO schools so add another 6 or more that appeal to you.

Thank you for your insight Faha!
In regards to DO schools, would it be worth applying to a few more if i can afford it? So far I have come up with Nova and lecom b of course, along with Tuoro NY, pcom Georgia, all the edward via coms, chicago, alabama, arizona, liberty, rocky vista colorado, and maybe the texas Do schools

Members don't see this ad :)
I Suggest:

Temple

Jefferson

Drexel

Quinnipiac

WVU

Rosy Franklin

MCW

SLU

Creighton

Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)

Albany

NYMC

VCU

U VM

EVMS

Oakland-B

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

Netter

ALL FL schools

Any DO school, starting with LECOM-B, Nova, ACOM, Wm Carey, PCOM-GA, KYCOM, LMU, NYIT-AR, and the three VCOMs.

Reactions: 1 user
What was your strategy for increasing your MCAT score? I have the same GPA as you and currently sit at a 502 (128 125 124 125). I studied for a couple of summers and the fall semester before my January test date. I also took a PR online class during the fall semester (and 7 practice test). On the AAMC tests, I scored 506 and 504 in the weeks leading up to the test. I'm deciding whether or not to retake it in June at this point. Thoughts?/How did you decide to retake? Thanks!