FL scores: should I postpone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BioPsychotic

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm registered to test on May 1. I received a 512 on FL 1 last week. Just took FL 2 and received another 512 (129/127/128/128).

My ideal score is a 514-515. Am I in shape to test on May 1 if I complete the entire section bank and CARS Q-Pack Volume 1 in that time? Or am I looking like I need to push back?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you were my student I would say you are within range and have a few weeks to go. I would continue to move forward. You have 3 FL exams left, plus the Q bank and section bank. Do those thoroughly, and I mean thoroughly, and you could see the score increase you’re looking for.

Reactions: 1 user
Nobody will be able to tell you- I personally did see a score improvement like that, but it all depends on how much you study between now and then.

If I were you, I would focus on getting score improvements in your science sections more than CARS. That's not to say to ignore CARS, but more that it's incredibly difficult to see improvement in CARS over short periods of time relative to seeing improvements in the science sections.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 users
You still got two more FL’s. See how you do on them. Trust you FL average, and if it’s below your target, postpone it.