Technology flashcard software

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jms88

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody tried and/or had success with flashcard software for studying medical information? I'm searching for software (preferably Mac) that will automatically setup spaced repetition such that it automatically presents cards at specific times based on how difficult it was to answer the card on the last try.

Members don't see this ad.

Cuecard is a program that was recommended to me on SDN. Very simple and easy to use, available at download.com as freeware. It has been extremely helpful in my studying. The program has a mode which keeps track of questions you got wrong and it does revisit these questions often.

Cuecard is a program that was recommended to me on SDN. Very simple and easy to use, available at download.com as freeware. It has been extremely helpful in my studying. The program has a mode which keeps track of questions you got wrong and it does revisit these questions often.

I tried CueCard last year but it crashed and deleted my the cards I had made on at least 4 occasions. Easy to use but I wouldn't make too many cards per file to avoid losing your work.

Members don't see this ad :)
Supermemo is amazing, there is no mac version though.

You program in what percent of retention you want, and it makes a daily flashcard drill for you to maintain that level as it adapts to your learning curve. The algorithm is quite impressive.

I tried supermemo, didn't like it. Hester Mofet would recommend flashcardexchange.com, they probably have everything you want already made.

Last edited:
try loopware. It's mac software, allows you to create flashcards and upload it to your ipod if you have one. Can add audio, graphics, etc. Many other great features. Haven't used it yet, but it looks pretty good.

http://www.loopware.com/iflash/

Has anybody tried and/or had success with flashcard software for studying medical information? I'm searching for software (preferably Mac) that will automatically setup spaced repetition such that it automatically presents cards at specific times based on how difficult it was to answer the card on the last try.

I'm a VERY happy user of Studycard Studio, since you can create flash cards on your Mac (ranking difficulties and testing yourself with spaced repetition, as you've mentioned) and you can transfer the information to your PDA (via the native Palm program or on Windows Mobile Professional via Styletap).

I second supermemo but have also heard lexi is good