AF M4

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Hi everyone, I'm still in the process of trying to get my flight physical completed. It's been complicated by the fact that I'm in a civvie internship and have needed to get a vision waiver done, and that I had my physical done at a local AF reserve base instead of an active duty base. Basically it's been really hard to find someone who knows what they're doing in the bureaucracy, and now the doc doing the waivers thinks he's found one of the problems; he just needs my MAJCOM and base of assignment. I have no idea what this is - last week I called the assignments guys and he said one of the reasons they don't have me assigned to a base yet is that they don't have my completed flight physical. Perhaps he means my current MAJCOM and base of assignment? Does anyone know what this would be for someone doing a civilian internship? Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

sethco

15+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
Hi everyone, I'm still in the process of trying to get my flight physical completed. It's been complicated by the fact that I'm in a civvie internship and have needed to get a vision waiver done, and that I had my physical done at a local AF reserve base instead of an active duty base. Basically it's been really hard to find someone who knows what they're doing in the bureaucracy, and now the doc doing the waivers thinks he's found one of the problems; he just needs my MAJCOM and base of assignment. I have no idea what this is - last week I called the assignments guys and he said one of the reasons they don't have me assigned to a base yet is that they don't have my completed flight physical. Perhaps he means my current MAJCOM and base of assignment? Does anyone know what this would be for someone doing a civilian internship? Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sorry to say it, but by going to a reserve base, you extended the process by a very long time. These reservist do not have that much experience writing waivers and I am willing to bet that their Force Health Management department don't handle that many Initial Flight Physicals. You will see what I mean when you turn active duty.

Unfortuantely, they should know that you don't currently have a MAJCOM or base of assignment because your Flight Physical has not been completed and you are a new accession. Are you close to an active duty base with an operational flight med office. They should easily be able to assist you. Your MAJCOM and base assignemnt should be left blank in AIMWITS because you are a new accession. I am confused though, did the flight doc who is doing your waiver ask for this or did AETC ask for this? The latter should definitely know better

About the Ads
OP
A

AF M4

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Yes, the flight doc who is doing the waiver asked for this information, because apparently his computer won't let him submit the documentation without it. Unfortunately he is also a recent accession. Lol, I agree, I'm really starting to wish I'd just bitten the bullet and taken that six hour drive instead of going to the reserve base here in town.

sethco

15+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
This flight doc needs to call AETC for direction or ask one of his senior flight docs how to do this. I was yanked around during my waiver process and because of this did not recieve a single base on my top 20 rank list. You could imagine how pissed off I was. Oh well...

OP
A

AF M4

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
D'oh, that sucks. Yeah, that really sucks. I hope it doesn't happen to me. Well crap. Ok, well I've told him that and he's a good guy and is on it. Hopefully it will work out. Crap. Well, kind of used to getting yanked around at this point, what with getting skipped over for residency and stuff. Crap. Well, so long as the place I'm going to has Internet access and alcohol, I should survive. God willing. Crap. Anyway, thank you for the help sethco, I appreciate it a ton.

trattoria

10+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Unbelievable! So, basically this whole waiver thing is a cluster every year. I am dealing with the same thing right now. My impression is that the Air Force is making up which vision tests are needed as they go along, even though, basically they will tell you what kind of waiver they are going to give you based on their needs. These vision tests are a huge waste of time. It's not like I am going to be flying the damn plane anyhow. :mad:

sethco

15+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
Unbelievable! So, basically this whole waiver thing is a cluster every year. I am dealing with the same thing right now. My impression is that the Air Force is making up which vision tests are needed as they go along, even though, basically they will tell you what kind of waiver they are going to give you based on their needs. These vision tests are a huge waste of time. It's not like I am going to be flying the damn plane anyhow. :mad:
:laugh: Just think, in a couple you will be complaining about all the waivers you have to write up (Unless you at a fighter squadron, which judging by your waiver is probably not going to happen)

About the Ads