Armydoctobe

10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm going to the flight surgeon course at Fort Rucker, what is it like?

armycutter

10+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
I'm going to the flight surgeon course at Fort Rucker, what is it like?

I'm sure it's changed some since I took it 14 years ago, but it wasn't bad. Mainly, you learn the regs (AR 40-501), take a few rides with trainee pilots (the aircraft have orange doors so they can find them easier when they crash!), do some PT, and have a fair amount of time to party in Panama City if you wish. Also, make sure you hit Larry's Barbecue in Dothan to pig-out on the chicken and ribs.

CodeBlueMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2003
Afghanistan
Visit site
Status
I'm sure it's changed some since I took it 14 years ago, but it wasn't bad. Mainly, you learn the regs (AR 40-501), take a few rides with trainee pilots (the aircraft have orange doors so they can find them easier when they crash!), do some PT, and have a fair amount of time to party in Panama City if you wish. Also, make sure you hit Larry's Barbecue in Dothan to pig-out on the chicken and ribs.
Sounds about the same....take a ride in the altitude chamber, if you can swim ok you get to try out the dunker. Very laid back 6 weeks of vacation. 100% graduation, both docs and PAs, some residency completed, some GMOs. Enjoy your time there.

About the Ads