Flights to Philly????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maoeris

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have an interview at Drexel and I need to find a reasonable flight to Philly. I've looked online and the cheapest ticket was $391! Has anybody else from Southern CA found a cheaper flight? The tickets is a third of what I earn in one month, and I still need to be able to pay rent and bills. Any help would be great!

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you looked at Airtran?

try america west... they're usually the cheapest... usair often has good deals.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you guys so much!! Air tran is much cheaper then the rest! I was almost going to Drive to an airport 6 hours away to get a better rate. I've never heard of Airtran before. I'll have to pass that on

Here is the order I check for flight prices:

1. Southwest
2. Orbitz
3. Expedia
4. Travelocity
5. AirTran
6. JetBlue
7. Carrier that has a hub for your destination, or is the hub for your city of origin

Southwest is goign to start flying into Philly....probably not in time for your interview though.

Airtran is quite popular here on the East Coast

i flew america west to jeff for around 280.

forgot to mention from la.

Yeah, I usually check orbitz, travelzoo and travelocity. Airtran, US Airways and America West usually have the cheapest flights. I think if you stay a little longer, your price goes down, too. My flight to Philly was still way too expensive though.

Just out of curiousity, when is your interview? I'm from L.A. flying to Philly on Thursday the 20th for my interview at Drexel. Maybe we'll run into eachother!

I third the Airtran recommendation. I got an NYC-VA roundtrip ticket for $89! :eek: :cool: