1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Flinders elective plans

Discussion in 'Australasia and Oceania' started by Skills, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Skills

Skills Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hello fellow/past flinders goers

please help!

I need short term accomodation for 3 or so months over the Xmas hols near flinders

Any ideas? I know the student accom on campus needs a min 1 year contract

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. aussiellie

aussiellie New Member

You will probably be able to get accomodation quite easily over the summer as this is a time when many interstate/overseas students go home and I'm sure would be quite willing to rent out their room to someone while they're gone.

Try the accomodation page on the Flinders uni website - they have private listings (usually for share accomodation). http://rent.flinders.edu.au/accommodation/

Also, when I first moved to Adelaide I stayed in a furnished house which was rented out on a room by room basis with no fixed term contract - there are quite a few of these around, close to Flinders, so one of those may suit your purposes, so long as you're not too picky about who you live with! They usually advertise on the Flinders uni accomodation page also.

Hope this helps :)

4. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Just be advised that the uni housing (ie, the student housing on the hill; not the medical center flats, the 2 bedrooms of which are ACd) is not air conditioned. Adelaide can creep above 40 C in summer, making for a pretty miserable stay.

5. Skills

Skills Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

cheers, I found accomodation now.

I am struggling to decide where to go for my intership

i.e. Whether to go for the proximity and prestige of Royal Adelaide, as well as knowing more people there. Downside = hierarchy/competitiveness (also a positive)

Or

The allure of a more laid back, enjoyable, fresh start at Flinders albeit less prestigious career wise and with less heavy hitters. More family friendly types there

What are your opinions? Please do not post generic responses such as it doesnt matter where you go for your internship year or do what seems right for you. I want to know what you would do if you WERE me given all your medical experiences thus far?