flinders university. need help. I hope someone can assist me with these questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

undergrad13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would I be able to get into this school with a High school grade of 85% and college GPA of 3.6 ( BA psych/linguistics). Did not take several sciences in college.

I'm an American citizen, so how will it workout for me? Tuition? I already know about residency difficulty etc. I'm alright with that reality.

So is it more unlikely that I can get into this school?

Members don't see this ad.

Does it have to be Flinders?
there are Australian schools that don't require MCAT by the way. if you're that desperate to attend to an Australian one.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol. JCU.
if all you care about is getting into medical school. it's all yours.
good luck.
These websites for the Australian schools are so annoyingly confusing. I'm searching for entry requirements.
So JCU requires no MCAT, but they do require an admission exam of some sort right?
Any other schools you know of buddy?

go to worldwidemed.co. it will list everything for you, without me having to look it up for you. :p
(lol buddy?)

no it doesn't have any admission exams, but JCU is a 6 year degree. JCU doesn't even care about your undergrad grades.
It is still a great australian school... that said.
Whether it is appropriate to assist with matching in the US - probably not. You will be on your own and will need to be strong and independent about this part.

do you care about where you get a job after grad?
No, I take it? I'll leave that with you.

But I guarantee that you will get into an Australian school as an international student so long as you apply. It will not be so easy to match afterwards.

Last edited:
go to worldwidemed.co. it will list everything for you, without me having to look it up for you. :p
(lol buddy?)

no it doesn't have any admission exams, but JCU is a 6 year degree. JCU doesn't even care about your undergrad grades.
It is still a great australian school... that said.
Whether it is appropriate to assist with matching in the US - probably not. You will be on your own and will need to be strong and independent about this part.

do you care about where you get a job after grad?
No, I take it? I'll leave that with you.

But I guarantee that you will get into an Australian school as an international student so long as you apply. It will not be so easy to match afterwards.

I could be wrong, but the fact that OP has a college degree might prevent him from being able to apply to undergraduate medical programs like JCU. Certain undergrad medical schools automatically disqualify you if you have a bachelors degree already. I'm too lazy to specifically verify this on the JCU website but something to keep in mind, not to mention being in a cohort of mostly 18 year olds even if OP got into JCU.

Would I be able to get into this school with a High school grade of 85% and college GPA of 3.6 ( BA psych/linguistics). Did not take several sciences in college.

I'm an American citizen, so how will it workout for me? Tuition? I already know about residency difficulty etc. I'm alright with that reality.

So is it more unlikely that I can get into this school?

Most Australian schools don't require specific science courses or prerequisites. The only one that I'm aware of that does is Melbourne Uni. You will most likely need to take the MCAT for all post grad Aus med schools as an international which would require some foundational science courses, i.e. bio and chem to score reasonably. Your MCAT will most likely be the more important barometer in getting an acceptance as it is standardized and easiest to compare applicants with as opposed to GPA (which schools tend to use as more of a minimum screen).

I could be wrong, but the fact that OP has a college degree might prevent him from being able to apply to undergraduate medical programs like JCU. Certain undergrad medical schools automatically disqualify you if you have a bachelors degree already. I'm too lazy to specifically verify this on the JCU website but something to keep in mind, not to mention being in a cohort of mostly 18 year olds even if OP got into JCU.
lol no. having a high education degree doesn't disqualify you.
unless something changed. JCU does not care. that said, it has a teeny cohort of internationals. don't get me wrong, it's a good Australian school - it's 6 years. including a pre-intern year. whether it's suitable for matching back to the US or Canada, I can't say.

lol you can laugh about 18 yos, but Bachelor degrees are 3 years in Australia. some domestic students can get away with 2 years of undergrad and then go into med school (depending on the school). They aren't going to be that much older than 18.

undergrad programs don't exclude people for having higher degrees. even 'grad entry' most of them are MBBS - "bachelor degrees". it's only been int he last few year it became in vogue to change the name to MDs. really it's just been repackaged degrees.

again..refer to worldwidemed.co.
An Australian medical resident put it together and did all the facts checking for students, based on official websites.

if you're that lazy. that's great. but it means someone else has to look up for OP. to which..lol why i am the only one looking up things for you guys? oh premeds and med students.