Flinders & University of Queensland question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaptainMonkey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you that are international students (U.S.) that applied and got into one of these two universities in Australia, what would you say is the average entrance stats for these schools (GPA, MCAT). I meet the requirments of at least a 3.0 out of 4.0 (5.5 out of 7) and also did well above the requirement of 8/8/8 for MCAT.

I'm just trying to gauge my chances at getting in.
Thanks alot in advance for any help,
CaptainMonkey :)

Members don't see this ad.

Jeez, thanks for all the help, yalls responses are overwhelming.

1. your numbers seem good enough to get in.

2. yalls?

Members don't see this ad :)
sfg5,
Thanks for the reply, "yalls" is a texas thing...meaning you(plural).

The Captain

CaptainMonkey said:
For those of you that are international students (U.S.) that applied and got into one of these two universities in Australia, what would you say is the average entrance stats for these schools (GPA, MCAT). I meet the requirments of at least a 3.0 out of 4.0 (5.5 out of 7) and also did well above the requirement of 8/8/8 for MCAT.

I'm just trying to gauge my chances at getting in.
Thanks alot in advance for any help,
CaptainMonkey :)

well, apply for sure. I got 31 MCAT, 3.49 on AMCAS, and most people i know have their MCAT around 30

good luck

:thumbup:

Got into both with what turned out to be ~6/7 (note that each school weighs your gpa a bit differently -- UQ takes all grades for 4 years equally, while Flinders progressively weighs the last 3 years...gets complicated if you spent > 4 years or took grad level coursework as un undergrad) + over 30. Agree with jack about most having ~30.

Once you've gotten interviews, Flinders will weigh gpa, mcat and interview equally, while UQ will drop gpa from the consideration and weigh mcat and interview 50% each.

-pitman

Your grades should be adequate. I heard though that there are some people with perfect CGPAs (i.e. 4/4) for 2005 intake. I guess competition is getting a bit stiffer for aussie places. That's my impression at least. Good luck!

As for MCAT, I haven't seen anything official. I know of a 27 and a 34, if that helps give you a range.

Hi OP,
I was admitted to Flinders (I graduated from a US university) and granted deferred status until Feb. 2006

My stats were 3.7 and a 30 mcat. I interviewed over the phone obviously. Seemed to work out quite well. The process to about 3 weeks to complete after i faxed them my application.