Florida dental board exam and beckers prep course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cubandentist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I am a Nova student, and today I heard from my classmates that took the Florida Boards this past weekend at Gainesville, that many students who took Beckers course, did not get their patients accepted and were rejected. As a result, a few failed the exam. I'm just wondering if anyone has any reviews about this course. What guarantee do you have that the patients they get for you will be accepted? Does anyone knows? Did you take this prep course? What's your experience? Please let me know! I really appreciate your help. thanks:)

Members don't see this ad.

I actually just took this course and I feel it is a beneficial course. They go through all the details of the exam. They highlight all the critical errors that cause automatic failiure. I think I know the Nova student that you are referring to whose patient wasn't accepted, I believe he is in a endo residency at Nova, and yes it did happen to him. But for everyone else, if the patient wasn't accepted the first time, which I think we all had patients that were accepted, they had a back up patient ready for you. I didn't have any problems with my patients. I know quite a few people in my class failed the exam but that was because they left decay, ran out of time, or failed to have contact. I think the courses are basically about politics and making money but I didn't have to struggle to find a patient. It's expensive and it sucks if you don't pass it the first time after you have invested that much money but a lot of people that failed were due to their own mistakes. I would recommend it!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for your help! :)

I actually just took this course and I feel it is a beneficial course. They go through all the details of the exam. They highlight all the critical errors that cause automatic failiure. I think I know the Nova student that you are referring to whose patient wasn't accepted, I believe he is in a endo residency at Nova, and yes it did happen to him. But for everyone else, if the patient wasn't accepted the first time, which I think we all had patients that were accepted, they had a back up patient ready for you. I didn't have any problems with my patients. I know quite a few people in my class failed the exam but that was because they left decay, ran out of time, or failed to have contact. I think the courses are basically about politics and making money but I didn't have to struggle to find a patient. It's expensive and it sucks if you don't pass it the first time after you have invested that much money but a lot of people that failed were due to their own mistakes. I would recommend it!