Florida Dental Boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

M&M

Has anyone taken the Florida dental boards. I have taken it twice and find it very difficult to pass. What does one have to do to get through it?

Members don't see this ad.

did you graduate from UF or NOVA?

Members don't see this ad :)
M&M said:
Has anyone taken the Florida dental boards. I have taken it twice and find it very difficult to pass. What does one have to do to get through it?

Heres one person to help you out. FOund out about him on dental town. By the way this question would be better to ask there. www.dentaltown.com

Some say the exam is easy others say its hard. Just had a buddy take it last year and he said it wasn't as bad as others say. He took the NERB and said it was a little harder but not much.

http://members.aol.com/fdlscourse/

I had a hard time deciding whether to go to Ohio State (I'm an Ohio resident) or NOVA becuase of this issue. I want to practice in FL, and I have heard form numerous dentists that it's very hard to pass the FL boards if you're not form the state. BUt, I don't know why, yet...BTW I am attending NOVA snd happy with my decision.

ambientdmd said:
I had a hard time deciding whether to go to Ohio State (I'm an Ohio resident) or NOVA becuase of this issue. I want to practice in FL, and I have heard form numerous dentists that it's very hard to pass the FL boards if you're not form the state. BUt, I don't know why, yet...BTW I am attending NOVA snd happy with my decision.

did u attend UC?

97% and 94% of the Nova seniors have passed the FL boards in June 2003 and 2004 respectively.

My friend took the Fl boards after taking some course down there that helps you find patients. Ive also heard its easier to pass if you are from there - politics and all