Florida Institute of Technology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CourageToGrow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who is interviewing?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there last year, if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to Florida Institute of Technology for the PsyD program for Child and Family Psych.
If anyone has been accepted there , how high to they hold their GRE score?
I didn't score the minimum but I got in all my applications documents very early and look good on paper, plenty of experience, strong letters.
Please let me know any possible feedback !

My gre scores are way below the cutoffs for every school (i have a learning disability that significantly impacts math) and i got 8 interviews, including admission to fit

My gre scores are way below the cutoffs for every school (i have a learning disability that significantly impacts math) and i got 8 interviews, including admission to fit
How low were your scores? So you think that I am at least going to get an interview? And what year did you apply?

http://cpla.fit.edu/clinical/outcomes.php
Program Costs

Description 2016-2017 1st-year Cohort Cost
Tuition for full-time students (in-state) 29,430 per year
Tuition for full-time students (out-of-state) 29,430 per year
Tuition per credit hour for part-time students (if applicable enter amount; if not applicable enter "NA") 1,241 per credit
University/institution fees or costs 140
Additional estimated fees or costs to students (e.g. books, travel, etc.) $3,500

Wow, that's expensive.

I applied to Florida Institute of Technology for the PsyD program for Child and Family Psych.
If anyone has been accepted there , how high to they hold their GRE score?
I didn't score the minimum but I got in all my applications documents very early and look good on paper, plenty of experience, strong letters.
Please let me know any possible feedback !

How low were your scores? You mentioned a strong application and experience- that will definitely help. My GRE math score was pretty bad but the verbal was good. I applied many years ago with a strong graduate GPA, 2 years of work experience in the field, and strong letters. I was offered admission and am actually a fourth year in the program applying for internship. I also was offered admission at several other programs, but I chose here because of the outstanding faculty I met at interview day.

As stated elsewhere, it is definitely an expensive program. However, there are a good amount of graduate assistantships- including one for incoming first years that reduce your tuition significantly. From there we have a good amount of ongoing GSA positions to help alleviate the cost, but you will still need to likely take out loans. With that being said, you will accumulate a good amount of debt in any Psy.D. program. So just make sure you are prepared to take that on and are clear on your career goals. ie- are you just trying to do private practice/therapy? If so, you may consider a different path or weigh out the pros and cons of committing to so much schooling/debt. That's just my two cents, though.

Overall I am very happy with my training. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the program and good luck with the process!