Florida mcaters: hurricane worrying u for Sat!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DReject

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, is anyone worried about the weather predictions for Fri and Sat.?
What happens if the lights go out during the exam?

Oh, well. I won't worry.

Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Actually, I am somewhat concerned about the hurricane. It's currently projected path is supposed to take it right through Jacksonville (my test site), and it's supposed to hit on Saturday morning. I can't believe this...

I checked the AAMC website and it says that as of yet no test sites have been closed due to the storm, but to check back for updates. Hopefully the storm will veer off course (WAAAAAY off course).

I'm testing in Charleston and I called MCAT this morning. They said nothing had been cancelled yet but to stay in touch. If it looks like it will be cancelled, we are going to talk about possible other locations but that brings up other problems. I don't want to drive 2 hours (in a storm?) before taking the MCAT..that will definitely throw my mojo off. I'm alternatively not too excited about laying out another $100 or so to go somewhere the night before.

The person at the MCAT office did guarantee me, however, that if it is cancelled and there is a makeup (4 weeks later?) that the scores would come out at the same time as everyone else's. They are aware of deadlines, etc and don't want to penalize us for something we don't have any control over.

DReject said:
Hey, is anyone worried about the weather predictions for Fri and Sat.?
What happens if the lights go out during the exam?

Oh, well. I won't worry.

Good luck to all!
i really hate you
im trying to forget that
i drew a giant cardboard sun and hold it over my head
I WANT TO KILL THESE TILERS
DAMN THEIR LOUD SAW :( :( :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Ay, my test ctr is closed this Sat., so no mcat. I really wanted to get it over with.

The mcat ppl told me that it's not rescheduled for the following Sat, they need time to decide on a date, and let ppl know via mail and email the new date. So it's probably in two weeks, but not sure yet.

Good luck.

DReject said:
Ay, my test ctr is closed this Sat., so no mcat. I really wanted to get it over with.

The mcat ppl told me that it's not rescheduled for the following Sat, they need time to decide on a date, and let ppl know via mail and email the new date. So it's probably in two weeks, but not sure yet.

Good luck.
where are you??????

Well..I'm in Miami...I don't think the centers are going to close here...I kind of want more time to study, though...not sure if it's actually gonna help me..or extend the worrying...either way..let's hope everything's OK and there are no casualties...

Karina

JKDMed said:
That's a bunch of crap. If they delay one test site they should delay them all. Giving another group of takers a few extra weeks to study is putting the rest of us at a disadvantage. :thumbdown:

Postponing the exam will be an advantage for some test takers and a disadvantage for others. Sure, a couple more weeks to study may help a little, but only if you are not fully prepared at this point. I would think that most test takers in general feel prepared two days before the test, so suddenly delaying it for a few weeks could throw off your rhythm, especially if you purposely waited until the last couple weeks to do your full-lengths like I did. I feel like I am peaking, so I would rather take this thing on Saturday as planned. Unfortunately, Charley is projected to make its way to Jacksonville (my test site), but we'll see how it goes.

JKDMed said:
That's a bunch of crap. If they delay one test site they should delay them all. Giving another group of takers a few extra weeks to study is putting the rest of us at a disadvantage. :thumbdown:

Most of the people who got rescheduled last Aug (power blackout) would disagree with you. Their overwhelming response was that they wanted to get it over with, not have to go back 4 weeks later (after school started).

i could not wait another 4 weeks to take the exam at this point...i'm glad i'm not taking it in my home town...although that's probably still not as bad as Florida

sorry you guys i feel for all of you :(

i didn't see on that site where it said anything was cancelled (go ahead, call me an idiot) ...more speifically where?

yea after school starts again sucks, it's better to get it over with..your brain has already been programmed for that sorry guys :(

so i checked the aamc site and it looks like as of now my test is cancelled...grrrrr....what now??? i'm driving up there and i have to know at least several hours beforehand whether i need to go friday or not....how long do you guys think theyll wait to make it truly official?? :scared: