Florida MPJE questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scotttyd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all - new to the forum. I will be moving to Florida this fal, and currently studying for the MPJE. I graduated 9 years ago, and it has been 7 since a took a MPJE and have been working in hospital pharmacy all of that time, so a lot of the new retail laws are a little foreign to me. What is a good up to date source to study?

I have the 7th edition of guide to Federal pharmacy law (I have used older versions last time I took the MPJE in my current state). Does anyone else have some more specific advice or study resources? I have the link to the state laws - but as we all know only about 5% of that is "study worthy" as it contains the typical legal mumbo jumbo.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

i am also interested in an answer to this question as I am also planning to move to Florida. Thank you!

An answer to both of you. The job market is not the best in Florida, understand that. There seems to me that Florida law is similar to other states law. A few tweeks. Study hard on the Federal info. There is no difference between a certified pharmacy tech and a regular pharmacy tech, other than everybody needs to be certified now. Everybody must be identifiable, ie pharmacist,cashier, with a name the public can read. Ratio 2 to 1 of pharmacist to techs. Know the Florida negative formulary..drugs which CANNOT be substitued, like digitoxin, there are only a few.
My biggest suggestion is read EVERY word in every question TWICE and make sure there are no double meanings. WHO may offer patient counseling. PM me for the answer

I just passed the FL MPJE! Began studying on Monday May 13th, took the test on Thursday May 16th and passed! Before you say "she's smart", no I'm not. I just have taken multiple MPJE tests (passed them all on first attempt) and mastered the computer Adaptive Test Taking technique. I vividly remember the test questions but of course I can't share them in this forum. I can suggest areas to focus your studying on! It's a hard test. I took New York and Texas and thought they were quite similar, but Florida was hard. Of course you can't memorize all the statutes! I have a few recommendations on how to prepare for this test.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I applied for licensure in FLorida recently so I'll be taking my exam soon. I have my part 80 from when I originally took it 4 years ago but I'm wondering where I can get a Florida law book or if I actually need one. I too only studied for law for like 2 days originally for ny and nj but i worked here so it wasnt hard but I know nothing about Florida.

I just passed the FL MPJE! Began studying on Monday May 13th, took the test on Thursday May 16th and passed! Before you say "she's smart", no I'm not. I just have taken multiple MPJE tests (passed them all on first attempt) and mastered the computer Adaptive Test Taking technique. I vividly remember the test questions but of course I can't share them in this forum. I can suggest areas to focus your studying on! It's a hard test. I took New York and Texas and thought they were quite similar, but Florida was hard. Of course you can't memorize all the statutes! I have a few recommendations on how to prepare for this test.

Congratulations!any advice on where to focus and what materials did u use? We will appreciate it.

For those of you who have successfully passed the Florida MPJE: what resources did you use? Are Dr Seamon's law review notes enough?

For those of you who have successfully passed the Florida MPJE: what resources did you use? Are Dr Seamon's law review notes enough?

Just took the FL MPJE on 06/14 and passed. I really liked Dr. Seamon's law review but I waited to go through it until after I had read the RxLaw stuff which is considerably longer and in-depth. I used it as reinforcement and not my only study tool so I don't know if they alone would be enough but you could probably get away with it if you really know his notes like the back of your hand.

Hi. I need to take the Florida mpje exam soon. Does anyone have a studyguide or useful notes (especially if someone from FL pharmacy schools who may have slides/class notes/recordings) that might be useful to get through the material in short amount of time. I have not worked in FL so I'm not as familiar with their laws. If so, please e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks in advance :) I'd greatly appreciate it.

Any suggestions on how to study? I'm taking mine soon next month. I'd greatly appreciate your help if you have study tips. Please e-mail me at [email protected] Thanks :)

I would love any insight into the Florida exam. I am planning on taking it next month. I have Dr. Seamons review, would love to get Dr.Brickenbergs (I think that's how you spell it), I have taken other state law exams. The exams are about the same but its the trick questions that each state uses for a specific law that get me. For instance can you dispense a C2 med through the drive through info. Easy if you work retail but I don't. So any Florida advice or any documents you can share would be greatly appreciate. My email is [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any way I could please get ahold of any study materials for the mpje exam? It would be greatly appreciated. Please email anything you have to [email protected]. I am from out of state and have little material to go on. Thanks!

Just took the FL MPJE on 06/14 and passed. I really liked Dr. Seamon's law review but I waited to go through it until after I had read the RxLaw stuff which is considerably longer and in-depth. I used it as reinforcement and not my only study tool so I don't know if they alone would be enough but you could probably get away with it if you really know his notes like the back of your hand.

Hi! I just graduated from a school in GA, but would like to get licensed in FL. Is there any way you send me some of law review notes from school? I would really appreciate it. My email is [email protected].

Hi! I just graduated from a school in GA, but would like to get licensed in FL. Is there any way you send me some of law review notes from school? I would really appreciate it. My email is [email protected].

I am moving to Florida as well and would like law review notes. If you would please share. My email is [email protected]

Is there any way I could please get ahold of any study materials for the mpje exam? It would be greatly appreciated. Please email anything you have to [email protected]. I am from out of state and have little material to go on. Thanks!

I will be moving to Florida this summer and need to prepare for the law exam. I'm from Texas and have no knowledge of Florida law. I would be so appreciative if you would please share any notes you have that may be helpful. Thanks. My email [email protected]

Anyone have any luck getting study materials? I'm in the same boat; moving from out-of-state to Florida and would appreciate any help with Florida law. thanks in advance!

Hi everyone, I passed Florida MPJE. I used the book "Pass Florida law" (bought on Amazon). Some people said the book doesn't help but I found it gave me lots of information and I like the book a lot, well organized, and easy to read. I also used Dr. Seamon's note (I don't know if spelling his name right) which I found in this forum (however, the note I found was back in 2011, so be careful about the updated information if you use it). I also bought the question banks from pharmacyexam.com.

For people who passed, did you receive a letter from the Board that you fill out and pay fee to get license in Florida? I did not receive any letter from the Board yet and it has been 3 weeks. I contacted them by phone calls and email but they have not response.

Thank you,

Hello! I am also living in Florida now and I will like to get my pharmacist license here. I used to work in Pennsylvania so I am new to Florida, please if anyone has Dr Seamon's 2015 notes, please email to [email protected].

Hi. I need to take the Florida mpje exam soon. Does anyone have a studyguide or useful notes (especially if someone from FL pharmacy schools who may have slides/class notes/recordings) that might be useful to get through the material in short amount of time. I have not worked in FL so I'm not as familiar with their laws. If so, please e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks in advance :) I'd greatly appreciate it.

Hey do you have the study material for florida MPJE

I would love any insight into the Florida exam. I am planning on taking it next month. I have Dr. Seamons review, would love to get Dr.Brickenbergs (I think that's how you spell it), I have taken other state law exams. The exams are about the same but its the trick questions that each state uses for a specific law that get me. For instance can you dispense a C2 med through the drive through info. Easy if you work retail but I don't. So any Florida advice or any documents you can share would be greatly appreciate. My email is [email protected]
Hey do you have the study material for florida MPJE

Hello,

I am also planning to take the Florida MPJE in about a month. I have been working as an intern in Pennsylvania, but I am planning to move to Florida following graduation. If anyone has any recommendations on study materials, please email me at [email protected]

Thank you!