Florida Schools Ranked Letter A-Z

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Icebird

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I'm back for a grand finale of my LETTER A - Z rankings.

This has been a post I've been wanting to do for the longest as I've been fortunate enough to interview at the all FL schools except one. I will try to separate my personal experiences and the objective when I review these schools; this should not be taken as absolute truth and I invite and encourage all comments and feedback from individuals who interviewed at all these distinct programs.

I think medical school interviews should truly be both the school interviewing the student AND the student interviewing the school for fit; writing feedback on both the negatives and positive experiences on online forums is a great way to increase transparency for both those applying and undecided before matriculation.

If any of y'all in the future are reading this and have any questions about the FL schools and my experiences from IIs feel free to hit me up!

With that being said, here is ICEBIRDS personal ranking of the FL programs.

UM >= UF
UCF >= USF
FAU = FIU= FSU
Nova

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
TOP TIER:

UF - PROS: Hands down had to be one of my favorite interviews both in state and out. The school makes a sincere effort to get you know and you will immediately pick up on this as you enter the building. One of the staff members held the door open for me and said, "Hey ___!" and I had to look behind me REAL QUICK thinking they were talking to someone else. NOPE! The staff had memorized the name and home town of all the interviewees the day of, and its small details like this that really made me feel right at home and comfortable throughout the day. Interviewers were carefully selected to be of similar background as the interviewee; I had a medical student interview with exact same specialty/research interests and a faculty interviewer from the same city of my birth country! All the medical students clapped for us during lunch and sat down to talk with us; it truly felt close knit and homey. Much love for my Gators I give them a 10/10 for interview day hospitality !

UF is objectively one of the two powerhouse schools in Florida for both research and prestige alongside UMiami. You can virtually find research in any specialty of interest with faculty that are eager to teach and see students succeed. There is a great opportunity for clinical exposure in Shands although you might find it to be a bit lacking in patient diversity due to population make-up of North Florida (students do rotations in Jacksonville for a bit for this reason).

CONS: The big fat con for this school would have to be: GAINESVILLE. If you live in Florida you should know by now that the state is divided into South Florida, Orlando, and everything past Orlando. Gainesville is in the middle of swamp land with very little to do in terms of food, nightlife, and after-school activities. While UF has a very solid match list, I found that it was a bit subpar compared to the prestige people would normally hold UF to in the state of Florida, and especially due to the fact that most of the students that were matching were matching right back at UF; there is NOTHING you could do to convince me to stay in Gainesville for that long.

UM - PROS: Miamiiii. Love it or hate it, the city of Miami itself is an international hub for food, arts, nightlife, beach, and a wide variety of exciting opportunities. Miami is one of the most thrilling and unique cities in the U.S and it's definitely a great opportunity to be able to experience it for 4 years. Serving as one of the largest international ports in the U.S due to its close proximity of South America, you will have both incredible clinical and lifestyle opportunities in South Florida. Jackson Memorial is well known and due to the large ethnic population there is tons and tons of diverse patient populations and experiences available.

The NextGen program that UMiami is switching up for the incoming class is also very convenient now with Step 1 being P/F as this virtually reduces the preclinical curriculum to 1 year to further maximize the clinical exposure you will receive. I also really like the symptom based curriculum they are implementing as I find it more accessible and relevant to clinical encounters. With a wide variety of opportunities in research, clinical experiences, international programs, and the mammoth that is Jackson itself, Miami is no question the clinical heavy hitter of Florida. One look at their match list will be all you need to further confirm this.

CONS: . On the staff side of things, rude security on interview day and inaccessibility to contact the adcoms through phone topped the list before II even started. As for the interviews themselves, coming in 15 minutes late, forgetting my interview packet, answering your telephone twice throughout the interview, insulting my choice of LORs, making me recall EXACT DATES for Freshman year ECs, making rude comments about my grades, and asking GOTCHA questions that would easily be answered by actually reading my packet are NOT ways to make me feel comfortable and excited about attending your program. For the record, I've been stress interviewed before and this was not a case of that. I spoke with at least 5 other individuals who had similar experiences, and this has not been the first time where I have heard anecdotes like this from UMiami. While I understand that I should not judge a program based on certain individuals, having had multiple rude interactions with staff and faculty members is definitely a glaring issue .

In regards to clinical experiences, diversity, location, and match list, I definitely think UMiami edges out an advantage on UF but you cannot go wrong attending either, and I think the choice generally comes down to the type of environment you are looking for (citylife vs collegetown) and overall COA for the next couple of years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
MID TIER:

UCF- PROS: In a sharp contrast with other schools in this list, UCF hands down had the most transparent and accessible staff out of all the schools I've been in contact with. Always answering phone calls, quick email responses, transparency throughout the process ranging from telling you the exact decision date and actually calling you to tell you the decision and where you are ranked in the waitlist; UCF showed much LUV and APPRECIATION for their interviewers and I give them A+ for that. Apart from the traffic, Orlando is a great city if you still want a low-key type of enviorment while still having access to fun nightlife, food, and a variety of other activites. Disney and the theme parks are also a plus if that's your thing!

UCF has a unique and innovative idea with their concept of the medical city in Lake Nona and they pride themselves on being one of the schools in Florida that truly allow you to become the physician you want to be; this is reflected in their match list as they are definitely hitting above their weight class and prestige in Florida relative to how new of a program they are (the 5/6 derm matches back to back ain't no GAME). With their teaching hospital opening M2 year for incoming M1s, you can definitely not go wrong with UCF in terms of overall COA, location, and the ability to craft your medical school experience based on how

CONS: Graded preclinicals are a bit of a bummer, but the biggest con for me is that the school has taken some questionable actions over the past few years, the biggest is partnering with for-profit HCA to build their teaching hospital and losing out on 40% of their overall rotations due to losing AdventHealth and OrlandoHealth; the two health systems that were with them from the inception of the schools program.

Florida medical school loses 40% of student training sites after partnering with HCA : Third-year medical students at Orlando-based University of Central Florida can no longer complete clerkships at the region's two largest health systems, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

There have been mixed reviews about the quality of HCA rotations compared to the other two systems but again this might be a game of he said she said rather than a concrete con.

USF Pros: Opening a shiny new medical school in the downtown part of Tampa along with accessibility to great clinical opportunities such as Moffitt cancer center, USF is a good program that been solid overall in the state of Florida. While not quite as exciting as Broward/Miami/FTL, Tampa does have its own charm in that it's a bit of a low-key, relaxed version of the craziness that most people associate with the REAL south Florida.

CONS: USF definitely came up as trying a little bit too hard. Please don't start your interview day icebreaker with "Why medicine?". The look of confusion and annoyance at 8:30 AM on all the applicants face was one of the funniest moments I've had to date and it was so hard not to flat out laugh with how serious the adcom was asking these questions. The change from P/F to graded preclinical was a bit concerning since they alluded to the fact that the previous matriculating classes weren't as strong, and most of the interview day they gave off a vibe of being stat hogs while not having the step/match list results to back it up. The medical school building itself looked like a rebranded Florida public high school. While Tampa isn't the worst location, it definitely isn't the best, and other than Gasparilla and decent beaches I'm not sure what much else is there do when you're not stuck in traffic. Early commit to enroll, late financial aid offers, and virtually zero communication from interview day to decision day (not sure how 6-8 works turned into 3-5 months) gave the school a bad taste in my mouth.

UPDATE: They did ALL THAT TALKIN and SOAPed at 2x the national avg and I OOP

While both are solid programs in Florida, I think UCF is starting to really accelerate forward while USF remains stagnant. Again, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with USF it's just that it seems that with all this research money and shiny stats they're bragging about I'm really not seeing results for them achieving the vision of their program's future (which it seemed they wanted to push to be seen in the same light as UF and UM but baby thats not happening lol.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
NOT TOP OR MID TIER :):

FSU PROS: If you want to go into primary care, this is the school for you. Their curriculum, charter, and overall set up has it made so that the various preceptor-ships and clinical rotations you'll be doing will be very one on one and expose you to the bread and butter of the field. M3 and M4 you have regional clerkships so you won't be in Tallahassee (unless you pick that spot for rotations) and it can be a nice change of pace from being in the same ol same ol.

CONS: Double-edge sword, if you are looking to NOT do primary care, you are better suited to look elsewhere. While the program doesn't require you to do primary care, from my friends at the program and the interview day vibe they are definitely trying to nudge you in that direction. Same issue with Gainesville in that Tallahassee is a tiny oasis in the middle of a barren swampland, but at least Tallahassee has some fun turnups and college town night life compared to the spread out bars in Gainesville. Our interview day was cut short because for some reason most of the deans/adcoms weren't able to make it and a good hour was spent watching a low quality video they displayed for us. The med students were kinda ehh? as well. Just an overall very underwhelming day for me.

FAU PROS: You're not in Gainesville. 64 student body.

CONS: You're in Boca Raton. 64 student body. Spent half the interview talking trash about UMiami and bringing up their one Harvard derm match. Had an incredibly rude encounter with one of the two adcom ladies when I received the interview invitation. All 5 of the "pick your interview dates" were the exact same date and it was in 2 days; as I was out of state I attempted to contact them multiple times but due to voicemail being full and no answer I had to call play phone tag until I finally got her number. What proceeded was a very rude phone conversation with her scoffing and cutting me off half the time; "if you can't make any of the dates then send and email although we strongly encourage you that you go on those dates" LADY ITS THE SAME 5 OPTIONS. Almost withdrew right then and there if it wasn't for the fact it was on the way home from another interview.

FIU PROs: You're in Miami
CONS: An overall underwhelming program and there has been numerous posts about students complaining about rotation quality and match results.

NovaMD PRO: You're going to be a doctor!
CONS: You're going to NovaMD! Dean was very standoffish during interview. Match results aren't out yet. Boring location. Programs that have both MD and DO are a bit suss. Expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Tiers are right but IMO USF>UCF just because of research funding being much higher. UCF also losing clinical sites is kinda sketch. I'd also say UM>UF because I would rather live in Miami than Gainesville and both are good schools that will get you to your goal if you put the work in.

Edit: Also degree with USF being stagnant as their research $$$ (only behind UF in the state of Florida to my knowledge) and reputation is improving, likely because of the focus on high stat applicants with an emphasis on research. I'm also biased AF because i'll be attending USF.

Last edited:
tl;dr - UMMSM > every other medical school in the state of Florida, despite USNWR Rankings

Edit: I'm a UM undergrad, UM > UF all day every day!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Okay...
Reactions: 6 users

Yea I was definitey caught off guard when they asked us that. It’s awkward as **** explaining that in front of 9 other applicants around your age instead of just adcoms. It made me feel like one of those eager, irritantating pre-meds in freshman chemistry that told everyone they were going to be a neurocardiothoracicplastic surgeon, just gross.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Just popping in to say that Nova's "PBL" activity devolved into a mental measuring content r e a l quick

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Yea I was definitey caught off guard when they asked us that. It’s awkward as **** explaining that in front of 9 other applicants around your age instead of just adcoms. It made me feel like one of those eager, irritantating pre-meds in freshman chemistry that told everyone they were going to be a neurocardiothoracicplastic surgeon, just gross.

Yeah it was the biggest eyeroll of my cycle.

tl;dr - UMMSM > every other medical school in the state of Florida, despite USNWR Rankings

Last time I checked UF is only one ranked ahead in this years listing (and by less than 10 at that?). Feel free to make a list based solely off USNWR if you’d like, but this is based off the info and experiences I’ve gathered from my IIs and being a Florida resident for quite some time.

• Love
Yeah it was the biggest eyeroll of my cycle.

Last time I checked UF is only one ranked ahead in this years listing (and by less than 10 at that?). Feel free to make a list based solely off USNWR if you’d like, but this is based off the info and experiences I’ve gathered from my IIs and being a Florida resident for quite some time.

I really don't like USNWR rankings LMAO

Reactions: 1 user
I really don't like USNWR rankings LMAO

I’m glad I got to do all these interviews since it really lessened its significance for me; there were some higher up on USNWR that I was like “yeah uh no” lmao

• Haha
You remain the teller of TRUTHS and spicy lists. Much love to the KING.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Miller has vast clinical resources.- with 3000 teaching beds. None of the other schools are even close.You can live in Brickell, a dynamic fun area full of young people and take the Metro to school.The argument can be made that Miami is the most diverse city in the country with limitless cultural, educational, artistic, and culinary opportunities.
The very negative posts about FIU from current students as well as lack of a university hospital and very little emphasis on. research are cause for concern.
The seemingly disorganized state of clinical exposure at UCF is a significant negative IMO.

Last edited:
You remain the teller of TRUTHS and spicy lists. Much love to the KING.
seconding this. I love every ounce of your energy, KING. Many of your comments and posts have lightened the stress and anxiety that this cycle is filled with and made me laugh. Keep being you, you're amazing

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
This was the worst part of USFs interview day by far which is saying a lot.

• Haha
Aye mate, glad you did all this. Although UM and USF were the only schools I ultimately applied to (after UCF wanted an explanation of every W and C grade, **** off lol) and only interviewed at UM, good to see it was all for the best.

cheers to beach volleyball in a few months, man.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
After this list and these comments, I'm feeling a lot worse about my UCF vs. FIU decision lmfao

• Sad
But...MIAMI (and better clinical rotations after the HCA thing with UCF)

Orlando def got its charm but living in Miami is hard to pass up.

I’m not too well informed on FIU’s clinical rotations other than word of mouth on it being subpar (same thing with UCFs HCA sites; I’m thinking it will improve as they will be opening their teaching hospitals come clerkship time) . I do know there was a thread from current students roasting the filth out of FIU and how they were competing for attending attention with CarribeanMDs and DOs but n=1.

Can someone post the link if they remember where it was? I’ve been looking for it for a while not sure if it was deleted or on a school specific XYz year thread

Orlando def got its charm but living in Miami is hard to pass up.

I’m not too well informed on FIU’s clinical rotations other word of mouth on it being subpar. I do know there was a thread from current students roasting the filth out of FIU and how they were competing for attending attention with CarribeanMDs and DOs but n=1.

Can someone post the link if they remember where it was? I’ve been looking for it for a while not sure if it was deleted or on a school specific XYz year thread

Looks pretty great to me: Cleveland Clinic, Mount Sinai, Mercy, Baptist Health, Broward Health, etc.

Looks pretty great to me: Cleveland Clinic, Mount Sinai, Mercy, Baptist Health, Broward Health, etc.

Yeah that seems like a good list of locations; again I’m
not too sure and if someone could find the thread it’ll provide a lot of info but I don’t think it was subpar in terms of patient diversity/setting but more of the logistics of the clerkship and attending preceptorship competition with DOs/Carribs that ticked students off bad

Yeah that seems like a good list of locations; again I’m
not too sure and if someone could find the thread it’ll provide a lot of info but I don’t think it was subpar in terms of patient diversity/setting but more of the logistics of the clerkship and attending preceptorship competition with DOs/Carribs that ticked students off bad

I think this is the page you're talking about, seems like the traditional complaints about not having a central hospital (tbf not having a university affiliated hospital sucks)

I think this is the page you're talking about, seems like the traditional complaints about not having a central hospital (tbf not having a university affiliated hospital sucks)

Just joking it's worse than I thought

Applicants, every school is going to have it its negative aspects, just as its going to have its cheerleaders who refuse to admit any apparent deficits. I understand wanting to increase the reputation of your alma mater, but I just refuse to urinate in your face and tell you that you should smile because it's raining. Sometimes, you should you've got to stand up and say, "Excuse me, sir, but that's actually pee that's dripping down my face.".

Regardless of where you want to place the blame, I believe that 26 people repeating a year or failing out of one class is a huge red flag. And, I believe that a school going from graduating their first med school class in 2013 to creating a PA school to becoming a Caribbean med school affiliate to starting an online med school within 4 years is another huge red flag. And I believe that our colleagues refusing to acknowledge any negative aspects of our school is a red flag. Sadly, when I applied, I only had bright-eyed M1s available to me who either didn't know or didn't want to disclose negatives about FIU, and I fell in love based on their enthusiasm. This brewed some skepticism and cynicism, yes, but I don't think it's unfounded. I would have loved to have had this information when I was applying so that I could have been a more informed consumer. As the saying goes, if something sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.

Seriously, though, reach out to our cheerleaders and ask Viola05 and DooyaEvanlift what they feel are the worst aspects of FIU. If they say "on-campus parking or Miami traffic between all of our wonderful clinical sites," they are not being honest with you. Read the conflicting sides that have been presented, ask intelligent questions at your interviews and second looks, and make informed decisions. That is what I hope this discussion has inspired you to do.

As those who have reached out to me via PM can attest, I'm not bitter or disgruntled, and I'm actually not discouraging anyone from attending FIU. On the contrary, I've actually encouraged a few applicants to attend FIU. I matched very well, and I was relatively happy at FIU. I was just very disappointed that a lot things I thought would be as described, but were not as described. I just think that applicants should be privy to a proper informed consent before the risky procedure of medical school. Feel free to continue to reach out to me with questions and concerns. You'll obviously get my 100% unabashed opinion supported by facts and statistics where applicable.

They brought the damn TEA

• Wow
USF is also now the best school in florida because.....has anyone seen the 20 story waterfront condo they just put up? Oh wait, that's the med school? So, yea.

Tiers are right but IMO USF>UCF just because of research funding being much higher. UCF also losing clinical sites is kinda sketch. I'd also say UM>UF because I would rather live in Miami than Gainesville and both are good schools that will get you to your goal if you put the work in.

Edit: Also degree with USF being stagnant as their research $$$ (only behind UF in the state of Florida to my knowledge) and reputation is improving, likely because of the focus on high stat applicants with an emphasis on research. I'm also biased AF because i'll be attending USF.
Plus USF is going to be raking in high stat students with that new building. I wouldn't be surprised if they started going hard on student aid for high stat OOS applicants either. New building + stat hoes + 85% of class (last year) getting some form of aid + lots of research money = going up.

• Wow
Plus USF is going to be raking in high stat students with that new building. I wouldn't be surprised if they started going hard on student aid for high stat OOS applicants either. New building + stat hoes + 85% of class (last year) getting some form of aid + lots of research money = going up.

USF def still is a great program regardless but in terms of this evident desire to push in the rankings I guess only time will tell; all that new research money and high stat matriculants didn’t do much the past few years (other than make them go from P/F to graded preclinicals due to subpar results) ; also not sure a shiny new building gonna yeet them where they wanna be but its def an upgrade from their old place.

Reactions: 4 users
USF def still is a great program regardless but in terms of this evident desire to push in the rankings I guess only time will tell; all that new research money and high stat matriculants didn’t do much the past few years (other than make them go from P/F to graded preclinicals due to subpar results) ; also not sure a shiny new building gonna yeet them where they wanna be but its def an upgrade from their old place.
Yea, that kinda felt weird when they outright told us their students had been doing sub-par so that switched to tiered grading. I wonder how long they've been trying to push up in the rankings. Any way to see historical MSAR data?

You realize that UM, Nova, FIU and FAU are all within 1 hour drive of each other while you described every location as being very different. If you go to any one of those schools, I guarantee you will meet students from the other programs on rotations.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the next iteration of USNWR, UF > USF > UM, even though NextGen MD is a total gamechanger...

You realize that UM, Nova, FIU and FAU are all within 1 hour drive of each other while you described every location as being very different. If you go to any one of those schools, I guarantee you will meet students from the other programs on rotations.

UM rotates at Jackson, FAU at Palm Beach, FIU at Miami community hospitals, and Nova centered in Ft Lauderdale. You might have a chance to see FIU students if in Nova at certain locations (Broward, Cleveland) but again rotation sites are vastly different.

Living in Ft. Lauderdale for Nova, Miami for UM/FIU, and Palm Beach for FAU are VERY different vibes and a 1+ hr drive from each other with Florida traffic.

If you want to be traveling 1 hr + each day to experience all 3 so be it but the average student either won’t and/or won’t have the transportation to do so.

Last edited:
I'm not buying that there's a significant difference #'s 30 and 35 just because USNWR says there is.

I hate that they introduced this as an "ice breaker." It was so awkward and they made it even worse by clearly taking notes on each applicant's answer. Definitely the most uncomfortable I have felt during an interview.

• Haha
I hate that they introduced this as an "ice breaker." It was so awkward and they made it even worse by clearly taking notes on each applicant's answer. Definitely the most uncomfortable I have felt during an interview.

I was like the first person to go so it was even worse lmao. At least by the 6th person you’ve heard the same thing regurgitated in different ways so you’re densensitized to how cringe worthy the topic is.

I was like the first person to go so it was even worse lmao. At least by the 6th person you’ve heard the same thing regurgitated in different ways so you’re densensitized to how cringe worthy the topic is.
This is so ridiculous. And I thought the “share a fun fact” inducing a sense of being boring was bad. I hope they read this so they can change it for future interviewees.

Damn I really predicted this huh, USNWR is dumb stupid

Yeah USNWR is only based on research money. Try telling someone to go to USF over UF and UM with a straight face.

And USF still sitting pretty ~40-50 ranks below both in the residency director ranking (which also has its flaws)

• Love
Yeah USNWR is only based on research money. Try telling someone to go to USF over UF and UM with a straight face.

And USF still sitting pretty ~40-50 ranks below both in the residency director ranking (which also has its flaws)
True...but you also tried to say UCF>USF with a straight face based largely on experiences on interview day and email.

True...but you also tried to say UCF>USF with a straight face based largely on experiences on interview day and email.

And them having a new teaching hospital opening for rotations, and their match list being one of the best public school matches in the state (ex: 5-6 derm matches year to year), and the concept of the medical city with surrounding medical hospitals, and being in Orlando vs Tampa, and all of this for being a relatively new school while USF STILL lukewarm, tryhard and PRESSED a newer school like UCF is now at their playing level.

My point still stands

Matching derm usually involves doing well on step and then taking a research year. The probability of matching derm with a 240 is 75%, 50% probability with a 215, so even non-crazy scores fare fine. It’s not so much a function of your school as it is being willing to do that research year and network/be productive. People come from low tier schools with decent Step scores, crush a research year, and then match to great programs in competitive fields all the time.

How many people didn’t match into their specialty of choice? How many were able to match without a research year? How much of matching was due to support from the school vs students who worked their butts off and were left to figure things out on their own?

It is fine if UCF is your preferred school, but you are talking down another program when is there is still much you don’t understand until you go through the match process. And from some of the posts above, it sounds like you have personal beef. Just my 2 cents

You’re correct that matching Derm is more a function of personal achievement but having many of your class consistently match in Derm (among other very competitive specialties) year after year shows that the program gives you the tools and opportunities to achieve it.

You don’t need to go through the match process to all of a sudden gain an understanding of match results and to be able to form an opinion about the program.

As I’ve mentioned multiple times, USF is a solid program and is the 3rd/4th best in Florida to attend. If you feel USF is a lot better than UCF, I respect your opinion; as I said the positions within tiers can be argued respectively as others are of the opinion the UF >> UM for the top tier. Every program has been roasted and I’ve called out my experiences with Miami on SDN harder than USF ever has so me responding to USF fanboyism isn’t talking down the program.

On the same token, from your posts and the other commenters posts above, it sounds that you have a personal bias for USF and salivate at the ridiculous prospect of it currently being in the same level as UF and UM.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I'm not saying that you need to go through the match process to have an opinion on programs in general; you mentioned number of derm matches as a marker of school quality. I think going through the match gives you a better understanding because you see first hand the extra work you have to do to match from schools without home programs. I matched into a surgical subspecialty. The applicants I've met who didn't have a home program did 5+ away rotations, tried to balance research at their aways to beef up their applications, had to hustle to find research opportunities at outside institutions before 4th year, relied on upperclassmen for advising because they don't have mentors involved in the residency process at their school, decided to do a research year purely because of the reasons listed previously, and the process showed me how important it is to have someone known in the academic community going to bat for you in small fields. If you don't have a home program and decide to switch to that field at the end of 3rd year, will you have the support needed to match without a research year? These things and more don't come across by just looking at the number who matched derm.

I definitely have a personal bias for any school with home programs after going through the process of applying to a competitive specialty. That's why I said in my first post that UCF is automatically below the other 3 based on not having its own residency programs.
Given that the new UCF hospital is supposed to open in late 2020, when is it reasonable to expect that UCF will, in fact, have its own residency programs? One year later? Two? Possibly sooner? Not at all?

Given that the new UCF hospital is supposed to open in late 2020, when is it reasonable to expect that UCF will, in fact, have its own residency programs? One year later? Two? Possibly sooner? Not at all?
FYI...

That is a question that I am very happy to address. UCF COM has created several residency programs already. When we joined up with HCA to build our hospital they also joined up with us to create what will give us a total of about 600 residency positions throughout the state in just about every category. More than 2/3 of those positions have been opened already with the remainder scheduled to be open by the end of 2020. Bear in mind that our VA and Nemours Peds partners have also created a many residency positions over the last 3-4 years as well. You can find more details at www.med.ucf.edu/academics/graduate-medical-programs/

My impression was that their hospital was going to be very small.

Not trying to hijack this thread but are any Florida med schools open to transfer med students after MS1 or MS2?

Can we all just agree that Miami has significantly better-looking girls and therefore Miller > UF ?