Florida schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shadow

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For med students at Florida schools...what do you like/dislike about your program and city?

What are your classmates like?
Do you like the teaching styles?
Do you feel that you receive a reasonable amount of guidance?
How is the clinical experience?
How do you like living there? (Particularly Miami or Tampa)
What is the interaction like between students and faculty?
For Miami, is it worth the extra money?

I appreciate input from any Florida med students.

Members don't see this ad.

Q--

What is it in particular that you like more about Tampa? (Tampa vs. Miami is a big issue for me in deciding on a med school.)

Do you think the clinical experience at Tampa General is comparable to Jackson?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Both schools will be fine. I went to the DO program in Ft. Lauderdale, and lived there for two years. I didnt' like Ft. Lauderdale much... and when I moved to Tampa I was much happier. It depends what you want in a social scene. Dont' get me wrong I had a great time being single in the area... but I didn't like to live there.

I think it all depends on if you like to go out drinking or not. IMHO.

Q, DO

Hi shadow, I haven't helped out an SDN'er in a while but I am probably the perfect person on here to answer your questions. I sent a PM with all the answers.

If you got into UM or USF...congrats!

I've spent my entire life in Miami, and I can't wait to leave. It's a great city to visit, but the traffic gets worse every year and the people are incredibly caustic.

That's just my biased viewpoint though. Take it with a grain of salt.

The traffic got worse just in the last few months. When I went back to Miami for Xmas, the traffic was horrible everywhere, all the time.