• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!

mlafur

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2002
shreveport, la
Status (Visible)
anybody know anything about university of florida in jacksonville or gainesville? IT seems to me like jacksonville might be a sweet place to live for a few years, but i know nothing about these programs. If any body has some scoop, i would greatly appreciate it.

nlax30

10+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I did a medicine sub-I at UF Jacksonville. I enjoyed it. Relatively laid back program, didn't seem malignant at all. Fairly new/updated resident/fellow call rooms with shared lounge areas and gym equipment.

Jacksonville is a pretty spread out area so there are many options depending on if you want to be more downtown vs in a suburban neighborhood vs at the beach.

About the Ads

LoudBark

7+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I did a medicine sub-I at UF Jacksonville. I enjoyed it. Relatively laid back program, didn't seem malignant at all. Fairly new/updated resident/fellow call rooms with shared lounge areas and gym equipment.

Jacksonville is a pretty spread out area so there are many options depending on if you want to be more downtown vs in a suburban neighborhood vs at the beach.

Perhaps the OP is still hanging around these good old boards a mere 12 years later still anxiously awaiting an answer about UF Jacksonville and Gainesville..........

nlax30

10+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Perhaps the OP is still hanging around these good old boards a mere 12 years later still anxiously awaiting an answer about UF Jacksonville and Gainesville..........

Haha! I was duped. Didn't even look at the dates..... *sigh*. All these years of internet savvy have failed me.

Well I hope the OP has moved on in the past 12 years.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.