Flowers and Silver

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kussemek

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How good is this book? I think its TPR, but I picked up a copy at the library...and the verbal section seems too easy. Anyone ever use Flowers and Silver? (fyi, its the 1997 edition...so it is pretty old)

Members don't see this ad.

Buy something else or search your library system for a better book. It is published by the Princeton Review, but it's NOTHING like the books used in PR's hyperlearning MCAT course. F&S doesn't even mention all the topics listed by the AAMC. This goes for the other library-type books too. Gold Standard, MCAT Success, How to Prepare for the MCAT, etc. are a waste of money. These are cheaper, but you pay for what you get. Furthermore, there's been changes to the test since 1997.

Kussemek said:
How good is this book? I think its TPR, but I picked up a copy at the library...and the verbal section seems too easy. Anyone ever use Flowers and Silver? (fyi, its the 1997 edition...so it is pretty old)
Flowers & Silvers is adequate, but not complete. It's a great book for those who need a little hand-holding when they first start studying.

If they still publish it, Flowers and Silvers Annotated Practice MCATs is also a good book.

i am using the annotated mcat book for a practice test. i havent done the sceince subjects yet...but the verbal seems unusually easy...