Flowers & Silver McAt, 1998-99 (4th Ed)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Femtochemistry

Skunk Works
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am going to buy thus book, is it any good? Do you guys recommand a better one? I am also takein the kaplan mcat course.

thx

Members don't see this ad.

ohh BTW, i heard theres a lot of mistakes in Flowers & Silver, and truth to this?

f&s for just practice sure...

as a real gauge of the mcat? no way. that was the consensus of my TPR class anyway...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah It's ok for practice... don't take it too seriously though. There are tons of mistakes. I'd invest in a Kaplan review books too.

I def. agree that there are TONS of mistakes that book that I have found myself. Everything from mistakes in content to spelling errors to mathematical errors. It is also not very comprehensive. But I must add that some concepts are explained VERY WELL in that book. It has helped me out a lot thus far....so I would recommend you to buy it.

I think you'd do better to see if you could a) either take the princeton review course or b) find somone who has already taken the course and buy their books.... the review books are better then the flowers and silver.. I have both.

Once you enroll in the Kaplan course, between your Kaplan books and the library of material there for you to practice with, should be sufficient.

I thought that Flowers and Silver was similar to the MCAT, but MUCH easier!