Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Flowers & Silver MCAT

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ugagirl4, Jul 26, 2002.

1. What do you guys think of the Flowers and Silver Practice MCAT (1998 edition)? Do you think they are easier than the real thing, same difficulty, or harder? I have read comments on Amazon.com that they are easier. Thanks for any input!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Drako

Drako Senior Member

Attending Physician
    IMHO, that book deserves to go in the trash can

4. Why do you say that?:confused:

5. ermonty

ermonty Senior Member

Attending Physician
    ugagirl,
    Are you talking about the F&S book with two practice MCATs? If so, I took both of them. I thought that the bio and phys sections were realitively easy, and that the verbal sections were easy to read, but the verbal questions (while easy) were very subjective and there was not a clear correct answer on most of them. All-n-All, I would say that they are worth taking as practice exercises, but not as indicators of your potential for the real test. :) ERIC

6. Yes, the book with the 2 practice exams.

Do you think that the scores would be inflated as compared to the real thing, or just that the questions are too easy?

7. I know that more than 2 people have taken these tests! Does any one else have any comments about the F&S?

How about Princeton diagnostics 473 and 474?

THANKS!

8. Dr. Dodger Dog

F&S are way too easy imo. The best predictors of performance are still the AAMC published tests... namely 4-6.

9. tatabox80

tatabox80 Super-Duper Member

Attending Physician
    F&S is very easy. If you really want an indication of how you would do on the mcat take aamc practice tests 3-6. Most everyone would agree about the F&S book.

10. saimabean5

saimabean5 Member

The F and S books are good practice, even though it is somewhat easy. I took those exams and they helped me review those topics I was shaky in. I think you should take them just to practice. Good luck!