Flowers & Silver MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
U

ugagirl4

What do you guys think of the Flowers and Silver Practice MCAT (1998 edition)? Do you think they are easier than the real thing, same difficulty, or harder? I have read comments on Amazon.com that they are easier. Thanks for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

IMHO, that book deserves to go in the trash can

Members don't see this ad :)
ugagirl,
Are you talking about the F&S book with two practice MCATs? If so, I took both of them. I thought that the bio and phys sections were realitively easy, and that the verbal sections were easy to read, but the verbal questions (while easy) were very subjective and there was not a clear correct answer on most of them. All-n-All, I would say that they are worth taking as practice exercises, but not as indicators of your potential for the real test. :) ERIC

Originally posted by ermonty
Are you talking about the F&S book with two practice MCATs?
Yes, the book with the 2 practice exams.

Originally posted by ermonty

All-n-All, I would say that they are worth taking as practice exercises, but not as indicators of your potential for the real test. :)
Do you think that the scores would be inflated as compared to the real thing, or just that the questions are too easy?

I know that more than 2 people have taken these tests! Does any one else have any comments about the F&S?

How about Princeton diagnostics 473 and 474?

THANKS!

F&S are way too easy imo. The best predictors of performance are still the AAMC published tests... namely 4-6.

Originally posted by ugagirl4
I know that more than 2 people have taken these tests! Does any one else have any comments about the F&S?

How about Princeton diagnostics 473 and 474?

THANKS!

F&S is very easy. If you really want an indication of how you would do on the mcat take aamc practice tests 3-6. Most everyone would agree about the F&S book.

The F and S books are good practice, even though it is somewhat easy. I took those exams and they helped me review those topics I was shaky in. I think you should take them just to practice. Good luck!