Flu Shots

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mika

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you recommend getting a flu shot before/during medical school? Do the majority of med students get it done? I know there are pros and cons regarding the flu shot, but I hear this year's flu season is supposed to be one of the worst.

Members don't see this ad.

they give us flu shots on campus, actually... i think they do it right outside our lecture hall.. its free too i think!

They give them out here at PCOM as well.

If it's for freeeee, it's for meeeee.

Members don't see this ad :)
All health care workers (including medical students who spend a majority of their time in the hospital) should get flu shots. Influenza will be the next big outbreak...

Oh yeah, it's free too... (or at most $10)

I'll be giving flu shots tomorrow. If you want a free shot, fly to Boston. :)

Thanks everyone! =)

I think all med schools should provide the influenza vaccine to all students every year. My school however, is cheap and does not provide for it. It's idea of a dental policy is quoting a dean, "go to the dental college to get your teeth cleaned for free."

Correct what I said earlier my school has finally decided to give all med and dental students free flu shots between the hours of noon-2pm when we are all in class and even if we weren't they couldn't possibly vaccinate all of us in 2 hrs. How convienent.