flying into Dulles for VCU interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCIgrad2002

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
do u guys think it is a good idea? considering it's a hell of a lot cheaper to fly into DC than richmond, from cali. for anyone that knows that area or goes to school there, how is the commute from Dulles to Richmond (i read up that it's about 100 miles)? also, do the highways in VA get snowed down on during december? i'm thinking of just paying the extra bucks to fly into richmond for peace of mind. thanks for any input, appreciate it. take care.

Members don't see this ad.

Look on the thread "VCU interview"--somebody else asked the same question.

I flew into Richmond from Cali...more expensive, yes, BUT better than stressing out about the commute, snow, etc

good luck.

Traffic on the stretch between DC and Richmond on I-95 can be hell, especially in the NoVA region. I'd highly recommend just coughing up a few extra bucks and flying into Richmond.

TF

Members don't see this ad :)
Fly to Richmond. So far no real snow worries in VA yet, but then agian they never expected a agazllion inch snowstorm in the middle of February earlier this year.

I-95 can be good and it can also be UGLY.

dude just stay with a student.....you'll eliminate all that crap.
i did and it was a great experience!

Fly into D.C. to save money, but you will in turn get a nightmare of a traffic problem. Check out my answer to another poster's question about D.C. verses Richmond.

Trust me, I live up here near Dulles and although I have only been here 5 months I am SOOOOOOO ready to move away. Traffic SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took me 1 hour to go 2 miles 3 weeks ago.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90708

I was debating about the same thing for my vcu interview, but decided to pay more (MUCH more) to just fly into Richmond. I figured it would eliminate a lot of the stress.

Originally posted by lady bug
I was debating about the same thing for my vcu interview, but decided to pay more (MUCH more) to just fly into Richmond. I figured it would eliminate a lot of the stress.

Dangit lady bug you could have stayed with me...

:love:

Originally posted by XCanadianRagwee
Dangit lady bug you could have stayed with me...

:love:

Sorry your plans have been ruined.:laugh: :laugh:

Ladybug, great choice. It is sooo not worth the stress. Everyone should heed our advice. We battle the traffic in the greater D.C. area daily. Yippee by this time next year I will be in Blacksburg attending med school and the only traffic worries there are on home game days at VaTech.

Originally posted by Amy B
We battle the traffic in the greater D.C. area daily.

Me not daily, but enough to make me want to veer off the beltway and slam into the nearest lightpole.

I'm flying into Richmond. I figured the 100mile stretch between D.C. and Richmond would only add a variable that might be terribly unpredictable.

-Tom

very unpredictable...well even from Balto to DC it's a pain. I can make it to my friend's place as fast as an hour, but it's also taken me as long as 2 1/2 hours...