flying question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epalantequevoy

Captain Planet
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so in a few weeks i'm flying to new zealand from kansas city. i'm flying midwest air to lax, then i have a 2:45 layover in lax before flying qantas air to auckland, nz. is this layover enough time as i'll have to collect my bags in la and then re-checkin at the qantas booth in enough time to meet the 2hr limit for international flights?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I may be wrong, but won't the first airline transport your bags to Quantas? I used to do a lot of travel to Africa and the only time I recall having to pick-up my bags in transit was when I switched airports from DeGaulle to Orly in Paris. Haven't done it so much post-9/11, so maybe things are different.

epalantequevoy said:
so in a few weeks i'm flying to new zealand from kansas city. i'm flying midwest air to lax, then i have a 2:45 layover in lax before flying qantas air to auckland, nz. is this layover enough time as i'll have to collect my bags in la and then re-checkin at the qantas booth in enough time to meet the 2hr limit for international flights?

thanks.

last summer, i flew through lax on my way to singapore. i also had to get my bags in lax and was really worried about the amount of time I had. I forget the exact time, but it was about 2.5-3 hrs. it was a hassle that Delta couldn't put my bags on the Singapore Airlines flight for me. it turned out alright despite a few long lines at lax, and i made it to my gate 15 min or so before boarding began. don't worry too much.

Have fun in New Zealand. I was their about four months ago. The only thing that sucks in the 25.00 dollar departure fee, you have to pay when you leave New Zealand