Flying to UPenn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jessica

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am flying to UPenn for an interview from the west coast, has anyone flown to Philly for a cheap price?? I found a pretty good fare with Ameican Trans airlines, had anyone flown with them?? I don't want to get a cheap ticket at the expense of going with an airline that suffers from frequent delays/cancellations.

Members don't see this ad.

Forgot to ask - for those who interviewed on a Sat at UPenn, were you out in time to make a 7 pm flight out of PHL? Sorry to bug - but I am trying to hammer out all of the travel details.

Jessica,
A friend of mine flew with them and it was the worse experience of their life. I wouldn't do it...not if it would affect you getting to your interview on time or get out to go back home.

nypostbac

Members don't see this ad :)
I just found an exceptionally good fare (for Alaska) to Philly on Northwest. I'm finding that I don't find the best fares on Orbitz, but rather by going to the airlines' own websites. Don't know if this is a post Sept 11 thing, or maybe it's just peculiar to Alaska.

I found the best fares on United airlines.

I flew to BWI. They have a train station right at the airport that you can take a shuttle to (although I rented a car instead). It's only $42 one-way for the ticket which was fine with me since I couldn't find any tickets for less than $1779 to fly to Philly! (~1.5 hours on the train.) And I flew to BWI from the west coast for less than $200. I LOVE Southwest.

Southwest rules, and I fly southwest almost everywhere I go. My flight from California to Phili on UNITED was around 350 ROUND TRIP. I had one connecting flight one the way up, and a direct flight back. I bought my tickets on the website, 2 weeks in advance.

Thanks everyone, your travel wisdom is greatly appreciated!