• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

clement

10+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
I know of someone switching from pathology to FM in NYC. Was curious, anyone have any experience training FM in NYC? What were some of the nuances in training there both good and bad? Are starting salaries $120-150s out of residency (sorry to *ask* but student loans and having a family beg the question)? If single and paying back loans, that's still comfortable.

PPGMD

Dec 26, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
you can make as much as you want. In NYC, you'll have to see more patients and work longer hours to make your target salary. Word to the wise however, your best off capping at 249k because after that you'll be paying insane taxes and its not worth it when you can be spending your time living life...pm me if you have more questions as I am originally from the NYC area and know all about FM in NYC.

About the Ads

clement

10+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
does anyone else have input on this? is it hard to find fm jobs right of residency in manhattan, the bronx, brooklyn? i know you'll work longer hrs and see more pts, but are starting salaries really 120-150 right out of residency for outpatient 9-5?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.