FM programs in Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gea9e

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I'm currently a IM first year intern, who is trying to switch to FM in the Chicago area. I would really appreciate if anyone has any input/advice/opinions about FM programs in Chicago. I just have a list in front of me, and really couldn't find much about the programs on other medicine blogs (nothing much on scutwork, couldn't find much about Chicago programs here).

Also, does anyone if I have to go through ERAS if programs are going to allow me to advance as PGY 2 in FM (since I would have finished PGY 1 in IM). Or if I just "transfer?"

I would really appreciate it.

Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I don't presonally know of any information on them in Chicago. But, I would move to Chicago just because it's Chicago.

Good Luck.:D

i dont have any personal experience, but when i was applying i got excellent feedback from Resurrection's PD and have heard goog things about it. they are essentially an unopposed program. check out scutwork.com. good luck in family medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got back from a month in Chicago at the Resurrection program. I can really only offer ya limited info but I'm applying there, MacNeal, and Lutheran General (because they all have sports med fellowships). I loved my month at Resurrection. Chicago is my kind of city too... I can't really attest to the other programs though...

I just got back from a month in Chicago at the Resurrection program. I can really only offer ya limited info but I'm applying there, MacNeal, and Lutheran General (because they all have sports med fellowships). I loved my month at Resurrection. Chicago is my kind of city too... I can't really attest to the other programs though...

What is a resurrection program?

What is a resurrection program?

It's not a "resurrection program," Resurrection is the name of one of the family medicine residency programs on the northwest side of chicago.

slim shanie,

if you dont mind me asking, what specifically did you like about resurrection? What was your impression as far as their training with procedures, and the "unopposed" nature of their program? I'm just looking into unopposed programs and I really am interested in chicago. thanks :)