livingstonebridge10

2+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2018
Status
Medical Student
How common is it in FM residency to get dismissed?

Are there test requirements you need to pass during residency other than Step 3/Level 3? ITE or something? what is this?

Just asking because there seem to be 1 missing PGY2 at our FM residency program.

Curious Incoming FM PGY-1...

Thanks.

Last edited:

Slevin

10+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]

Are there test requirements you need to pass during residency other than Step 3/Level 3? ITE or something? what is this?

Just asking because there seem to be 1 missing PGY2 at our FM residency program.

Thanks.
There are lots of reasons people leave a program other than being dismissed. Not fitting in with the program, personal/family issues, tired of medicine, don’t like the speciality, and many more.

Unless it looks like a trend I would not put much stock into it

smq123

John William Waterhouse
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2006
Status
Attending Physician

Thanks.
One of my co-residents left because he decided he wanted to be in a different specialty and managed to score a spot in an Ivy League residency program in his specialty choice. That's just one example.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

sb247

Doer of things
7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2012
Galt's Gulch
forums.studentdoctor.net

Thanks.
Just ask an upper level, most will tell you

About the Ads