FM Sub I's in Philly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Philotic

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
COMLEX (501-510) only applicant for the 2020 cycle, hoping to go into Family Medicine near Philly.

Does anyone have a general idea of how many sub-i's I will need to do to have a good chance of matching in this area? I know 2020 will be more competitive (and that Philly is already competitive) but it's too late for me to take Step 1 now () so focusing on Level 2 and possibly Step 2 depending on how practice tests turn out.

Also does anyone know about the Einstein FM program (based in Norristown, PA)? It appears to be relatively new, but their program director is a DO.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You should likely be fine assuming you interview well. Granted this was a couple years ago but I got interviews at most of the Philly programs and I failed Comlex the first time. I ended up matching my 2nd choice.

I don’t know much about the Einstein program except knowing 1 of their faculty members. You should be able to get a feel by doing a 2 week rotation there if able.

Reactions: 1 user
Many of my classmates rotate there for FM and I haven’t heard complaints. Lots of nice programs in the area!

Members don't see this ad :)
The Einstein FM program is brand new. This year will be their first residency class so no one knows what to expect. I've heard the PD is very good in that he emphasizes teaching a lot, and will expect a lot out of residents (in a good way).