FMG, Caribbean vs world Universities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IMG69

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friend is planning to move from our current University (non-caribb, non-US) to a Caribbean University however she is a FMG.

Is this a complete waste of money as she will literally be paying upwards of 5-times more and it won't even improve her chances?

Am I correct in saying this? An FMG will have the same chances regardless of which University they attend (non-us of course) -exclude say the UK universities such as Oxford and Cambridge.

Her logic is they teach to the USMLE but isn't the USMLE basically 100% self-driven anyway, you get out of it based on how much effort you put into it?

Members don't see this ad.

I hope that she likes driving for Uber if she' hoping to get a US residency.

Yea, sure, because you work for the crown jewel of all medical schools. Gosh, you are as intelligent as a telephone pole.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know what residency chances are like, even for trolls. Banhammer being cocked.

The banhammer should be cocked and loaded for your pathetic account. But we all know different sets of rules apply for different members. Congrats on contributing the anemic reputation and active user total that SDN has.

You're toxic.

I hope that she likes driving for Uber if she' hoping to get a US residency.

Glad my thinking is on point :) plus she would have to do pre-med as well wherever she goes.

Guess i'll let her dig her own grave.

Reactions: 1 user