USMLE FMG with terrible clinical rotations need advice for Step 2 CK studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adrenergic91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm an FMG studying in Eastern Europe. I just took Step 1 and recently started clinical rotations at my university. Reading about the best predictors of Step 2 performance, it seems the consensus is that, much like for Step 1, performance throughout the school year best predicts how well you'll perform on the boards, and it only makes sense.

Unfortunately, the material covered here seems very underwhelming and rotations are not taken very seriously by staff or the students. I've been reading Step 2 studying advice from other threads, and it seems that simply doing UWorld +/- SUTM or MTB is what most agree with. However, this is coming from people who've been studying for shelves and difficult school exams the entire year. Not to mention the pretty vast differences in treatment protocols due to drug/technology availability.

So for someone in my situation, what do you guys/girls recommend so I can adequately prepare for Step 2 CK?

Members don't see this ad.

Even in the US rotations are hit-or-miss. There's lots of threads regarding the books/materials to use for each clerkship (rotation) and you can use all those resources regardless of if you are required to take shelf exams or not.

UWorld covers more than enough info to do well on the medicine shelf.