FocusPrep MCAT. Too Good to Be True?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDman87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There's been a thread on this before, but I just saw an ad for the program on SDN. Don't know what it is? Just follow the ad at the top of the page. This program (FocusPrep MCAT) guarantees a 6-point increase in 28 days, and they have all sorts of "testimonials" to prove it. This is BS, right? Or has someone out there actually used this successfully? Anyone ever used it at all? It seems like a scam to me, but for only $40 I might consider it. I mean, even if I only went up, say, 4 points, that'd be worth it. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

There's been a thread on this before, but I just saw an ad for the program on SDN. Don't know what it is? Just follow the ad at the top of the page. This program (FocusPrep MCAT) guarantees a 6-point increase in 28 days, and they have all sorts of "testimonials" to prove it. This is BS, right? Or has someone out there actually used this successfully? Anyone ever used it at all? It seems like a scam to me, but for only $40 I might consider it. I mean, even if I only went up, say, 4 points, that'd be worth it. Thoughts?

Bro, to get this far in the game you are well aware that there are no quick fixes or magic answers. The only thing that will raise your score is you studying your ass off day in a day out (assuming you are efficient). How would it all of a sudden raise your score 6 pts in 28 days? The string attached is they probably want you to study 12 hrs a day or something...its no free ride. You know what you have to do!

Bro, to get this far in the game you are well aware that there are no quick fixes or magic answers. The only thing that will raise your score is you studying your ass off day in a day out (assuming you are efficient). How would it all of a sudden raise your score 6 pts in 28 days? The string attached is they probably want you to study 12 hrs a day or something...its no free ride. You know what you have to do!

Or they'll give you a diagnostic that will put you 10 points below your true score, and then when you take their "final test" one menstrual cycle later, it'll be a relatively legit test, and you would've "increased" 6+ points

or, $40 isn't that expensive so refunding your money isn't an issue.

Members don't see this ad :)
Or they'll give you a diagnostic that will put you 10 points below your true score, and then when you take their "final test" one menstrual cycle later, it'll be a relatively legit test, and you would've "increased" 6+ points

HAHA so true:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

We've been over this issue in the past before. Focus Prep MCAT looks like a scam, or at the very least, a very badly made product. You can probably search for previous threads. I think this is a good time to remind everyone that the Ads on SDN are NOT an indication of our support or promotion of a specific product. The ads are chosen randomly, and often we request that some of them not be shown. Word to the wise: If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is.