Follow SN2'ed or Wikipremeds curriculum in my given situation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txlonghorn2314

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been studying for the MCAT for four months and scheduled to write next Thursday. The problem is my studying has literally been all over the place (multiple week-long interruptions just to learn new concepts, school/finals, personal issues) and I have not consistently stuck to a schedule or done passages regularly throughout my prep...leaving me with several holes in knowledge and understanding, and a less than par skill in application/critical thinking in the passages.

I scored a 30 on AAMC 3 and 33 on AAMC 4 a few weeks ago...but since then encountered a lot of outside stressors such as health problems and wedding stuff (I'm getting married in 6 weeks). My scores have been steadily plummeting and today I took AAMC 9 and scored a 25 (10/6/9). Also lately, I have bombed multiple practice passages (1/7 and what not) and I feel like I've just completely lost focus. This whole time I feel like I've been just fumbling to make up for lost time after each set-back, and kinda sped through the understanding process, as well as skipped concepts completely, thinking that I didn't have time truly go over it and I would just cram it really fast the last week or so before the test...and now I'm seeing the damage it's done.

I've realized I need to take a step back, stop rushing to take this test, and do it the right way...so I've decided to retake on Aug 21. I know that it is less than the 95 days that are in SN2'eds schedule, but I have a pretty good foundation of all the concepts already (I know all the formulas and the basics in all the bio stuff, etc).

Should I follow a shortened version of sn2eds schedule, or should I follow Wikipremeds 10 week "spiraling" curriculum...since it seems like wikipremeds curriculum is designed to truly develop an intuitive understanding and connection of all the sciences. I think if I go through this again but do it the right way I feel very confident that I can score a 35+

Any advice would be VERY appreciated!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
First off, good for you for realizing your need to slow down and not just plowing forward! Very smart decision, IMO
Second, I'm not familiar with Wikipremed's plan, but if you, personally, feel like that's what's going to work best for you, you know better than us. Go with your gut. and if your AAMC scores still aren't where you want them after you do that for a while, revisit SN2ed or another and go from there.

Thanks for the words! Yeah I'll try that :) You think it'll still be effective if I retake old AAMCs in two months. I've taken 3, 4, and 9 I just really want to make sure I do it the right way second time around over the next 2 1/2-3 months

Members don't see this ad :)
My issue with Wikipremeds is that the videos are just so SLOWWW. There's no option for 2.5x speed or anything.

My issue with Wikipremeds is that the videos are just so SLOWWW. There's no option for 2.5x speed or anything.

I agree. That's why I was only going to watch the ones over concepts that I'm really weak in, and the ones I'm stronger in, just kinda skip through them.

For instance, module 1 covers kinematics, newton, work and energy, and momentum and impulse. I already have a pretty good grasp on these concepts, so would it be a good idea to just skim through his videos and on one day, do a ton of discretes and passages over kinematics/newton, and the same on the other two the next day, and so on through module 10?