Follow up letters after the Match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Husker Du

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of you received follow-up letters from programs where you DID NOT match?

I've received several. Here's an example of one:

"Congratulations on your match! We ranked you extremely high, and unfortunately, you ranked another program higher. Please fill out the attached survey addressing what you liked and did not like about our program so that we can continue to improve our recruitment process."

For instance, say that a program went to #40 on their rank list. They would send a letter out to everyone who didn't match there who they ranked #40 or higher.

Here are the places I've received letters from:

Hennepin
Regions
Louisville
St. John (Detroit)

There are MANY more places that I have NOT heard from. How about all of you? Quinn? mike? Desperado?

Husker Du

GO BIG RED!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I've gotten post-match surveys from:

Temple
Eastern Virginia
East Carolina
MCV

Think there were a few others, but don't remember where.

As a side note... Temple asked us to come in and have a "sit-down" about how to improve the program and why we didn't rank them higher - that was fun - NOT! Really uncomfortable!

There are MANY more places that I have NOT heard from. How about all of you? Quinn? mike? Desperado?

I don't know if they send them to everyone on their rank list or the people they ranked to get and didn't get.

I got follow ups from Summa Akron (a survey, paid $20 to complete); Ohio State; UT Southwestern; Wright St; St. Vincent's.

mike

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by mikecwru
I don't know if they send them to everyone on their rank list or the people they ranked to get and didn't get.

I got follow ups from Summa Akron (a survey, paid $20 to complete); Ohio State; UT Southwestern; Wright St; St. Vincent's.

mike

Husker Du-
Interesting how you've posted twice on SDN but yet know Mike and me. :) No biggie, just something that amused me.

I got letters from Akron General, Geisinger, York Hospital, CWRU/MikeCWRU, and St. Vincent's in OH. 'member I only interviewed at I think 9 or so places. Didn't hear from U Maryland, U FL, Allegheny General, or AEMC in Philly.

Q

Received post-match surveys from:

Stanford
Regions
Rochester
Mayo
Duke